ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola Academy back2back State Champions

The Purple Knight

Gold Member
Dec 24, 2020
Ryan Fitzgerald and Drew McPherson played great leading LA to perfect 14-0 season and another State Championship!

Ps. The players said big Fitz gave some pretty fiery halftime speech’s that pumped up the team, especially in the semi-final game.

Ryan Fitzgerald and Drew McPherson played great leading LA to perfect 14-0 season and another State Championship!

Ps. The players said big Fitz gave some pretty fiery halftime speech’s that pumped up the team, especially in the semi-final game.
Ryan Fitzgerald is going to be a very sought after College Football Qb recruit.

With the demise of the B1G Ten West it will be easier to root for Iowa in the coming years.
I really hope he does not end up there. I watched the game last night and Ryan was fantastic. True dual threat QB who made great decision after great decision. He did not look like a first year starter.

I really hope he does not end up there. I watched the game last night and Ryan was fantastic. True dual threat QB who made great decision after great decision. He did not look like a first year starter.
Think this kid will be a topic of board conversations when he ends up at another B1G Ten school? Going to be a circus.

Is there really going to be no chance for us? Jack Fitzgerald seems to be all in on the new NU football program.

I’ll be very surprised if Jack returns to NU next year. That being said, you are correct in that he’s been incredibly supportive of his teammates and Coach Braun. Pure class displayed by Jack. Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

There was minimal chance even with golden boy still coaching that unless he was going to sign off on abandoning Fitzball AND recruiting in advance for the necessary offensive tools AND fire and replace most offensive coaches with competent NFL prep coaches AND design a new offensive scheme to help his kid become an NFL QB.

And if PF did all that to accommodate his kid, I would be cursing louder that he stubbornly didn’t employ those changes earlier for us.

Reactions: drewjin
Has the size, mobility and football IQ. The kid is a winner. If the arm continues to develop he’ll be a big time recruit. I’m sure he’ll be spending some time with the Mannings this offseason.

Why/how in the world would he spend time with the Mannings?

Why are you passively trying to start shit?

I’m not. I’m trying to understand why he’s so certain that Ryan Fitzgerald is a top-tier elite QB recruit, which is not what I see with my eyes.

Glad I’m in your head though. Got that going for me.

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
I didn’t say he was elite, yet. As I stated he has the size, mobility and football IQ to be elite. If the arm developes, which it should, he will be a major recruit. He plays for the best program in the state and also has access to the top QB tutors outside the program.

FYI, he’s already better than Lausch and Sullivan.

PS. It’s pretty clear you’re a guy who doesn’t know a whole about football.

Reactions: IGNORE2
I didn’t say he was elite, yet. As I stated he has the size, mobility and football IQ to be elite. If the arm developes, which it should, he will be a major recruit. He plays for the best program in the state and also has access to the top QB tutors outside the program.

Ok, man.

Dude, you played yourself with that last comment.

Would you still be super excited about this guy if his last name were something other than Fitzgerald? Be honest.

Would you still be super excited about this guy if his last name were something other than Fitzgerald? Be honest.
Honestly, i don’t care what his last name is. I know the kid, football IQ is off the charts for a 16 year old. They run a pretty sophisticated offense at LA for a high school program. They run four and five wideouts at times, and allow him to audible. He runs the read option very well. He’s also a hard worker and has the physical tools. The only question is the development of his arm over the next 12 months. He’s not a bad high school passer, but if he moves up a level or two, he’s going to be a big time player.

PS. I predict a 3-peat for LA next year. Fitz, McPherson and three wideouts all returning. Another stud running back will be back from an injury. Plenty of big boys moving up on the offensive and defensive lines too. There are sophomore linemen that didn’t play for LA that would be starting on almost any other high school varsity team. Biggest loss will be the in defensive secondary where all the starters are graduating.
🏆🏆-🏆?

Reactions: ricko654321
Public schools are complaining again about an uneven playing field with private schools (who have dominated Illinois state playoffs for a while now) who can recruit. I heard Mount Carmel often gets top players from as far away as northwest Indiana to play there.

Public schools are complaining again about an uneven playing field with private schools (who have dominated Illinois state playoffs for a while now) who can recruit. I heard Mount Carmel often gets top players from as far away as northwest Indiana to play there.
Are they wrong to complain?

Private schools can recruit and offer scholarships…they should be winning all the time.

Reactions: drewjin
That's not a rumor, It's true. It has been happening at Mt. Carmel for decades.

They don’t need to “recruit” there is a pipeline. Loyola has 4 or 5 feeder catholic schools that produce the players. The elementary schools have football teams and use the Loyola systems (or similar) and prep the kids very well for high school football. The biggest pipelines are OLPH (Glenview), St. Mary of the Woods (Wildwood), Queens (Sauganash). Faith Hope kids (Winnetka) are a little soft, but will occasionally produce a good player or two. There are a few players each year that want to play for the best and come from as far north as Lake Forest and south into the city.

A big reason for Loyola’s success is the coaching and structure of the program. They run it like a college program and the kids are disciplined, tough, and work hard in the weight room, film room and on practice field. The video breakdown of practices, games, and by position, is crazy for a high school program. The playbook is sophisticated and if you don’t know it inside and out, you don’t play. The whole operation is pretty darn impressive.

Last edited:
They don’t need to “recruit” there is a pipeline. Loyola has 4 or 5 feeder catholic schools that produce the players. The elementary schools have football teams and use the Loyola systems (or similar) and prep the kids very well for high school football. The biggest pipelines are OLPH (Glenview), St. Mary of the Woods (Wildwood), Queens (Sauganash). Faith Hope kids (Winnetka) are a little soft, but will occasionally produce a good player or two. There are a few players each year that want to play for the best and come from as far north as Lake Forest and south into the city.

A big reason for Loyola’s success is the coaching and structure of the program. They run it like a college program and the kids are disciplined, tough, and work hard in the weight room, film room and on practice field. The video breakdown of practices, games, and by position, is crazy for a high school program. The whole operation is pretty barn impressive.
That’s literally recruiting my guy.

As if no shenanigans happen with Public School rosters.
Yes but that’s mostly confined to basketball when it comes to CPL teams. Football is a really tough sport to get off the ground for CPL teams. There are only a couple of teams with programs that can really compete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT