ADVERTISEMENT

Lucky decision

iskaboo

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2011
London, UK
The Indiana game began at 11pm where I live. There is now no easy and legal way I can watch a game on BTN, so I switched on WGN over the internet at about 10.45. I faithfully listened what seemed like a very long first half, which ended just before 1a.m.

I then decided "**** it, I'm going to bed". This morning, I read that the Cats had something like 36 yards of total offense in the second half.

I am a diehard Wildcat fan, but I believe I made the correct decision.

What time does the Purdue game begin?

Purdue game starts at 11:00 a.m. CST.

I’m in Madrid and luckily WGN radio is not available here so I was spared the agony of listening.

Reactions: iskaboo
Purdue game starts at 11:00 a.m. CST.

I’m in Madrid and luckily WGN radio is not available here so I was spared the agony of listening.
WGN isn't available in London, either. A VPN is your best friend, but only when the Cats are worth listening to.

Reactions: fcmchi
Getting to listen on WGN was itself a treat as the internet broadcasts for the past two games were preempted by Backhawks hockey. WNUR at least did have a way I could listen to their broadcast from Japan.

Likewise though I was not able to hear much of the second half but did hear comment that the end of the game was expected to be preempted by the start of Blackhawks hockey. In any event there was no scoring in the final ten minutes by either team so there apparently wasn’t much to miss.

Last edited:
Getting to listen on WGN was itself a treat as the internet broadcasts for the past two games were preempted by Backhawks hockey. WNUR at least did have a way I could listen to their broadcast from Japan.

Likewise though I was not able to hear much of the second half but did hear comment that the end of the game was expected to be preempted by the start of Blackhawks hockey. In any event there was no scoring in the final ten minutes by either team so there apparently wasn’t much to miss.
If you listen to WGN via Radio.net, you can get access to WGN’s overflow channels. The link is https://www.radio.net/s/wgnillinois.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
The Indiana game began at 11pm where I live. There is now no easy and legal way I can watch a game on BTN, so I switched on WGN over the internet at about 10.45. I faithfully listened what seemed like a very long first half, which ended just before 1a.m.

I then decided "**** it, I'm going to bed". This morning, I read that the Cats had something like 36 yards of total offense in the second half.

I am a diehard Wildcat fan, but I believe I made the correct decision.

What time does the Purdue game begin?
It was nasty! I turned it off too! Ditto for the bears!

We left at half. Listened to Hoosiers radio channel which disappeared after about 45 minutes. Despite being just south of Indy, we got the NU WGN feed and listened to it the rest of the game. It never ended up being pre-empted by the Black Hawks, but it did cut down their pregame show to an abbreviated 5 minutes.

Hoosiers radio guys said Northwestern was getting the worst QB play out of any team they’ve seen outside of UConn. Criticized the accuracy of throws. But announcers always take the side of coaches over players.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT