ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Donald drops Goss as swing coach

WildcatWillie

May 29, 2001
Don't know if this has been brought up on the football board, but it belongs here.

As the article points out, first Luke lets his brother go as caddy and now ends the coaching relationship with NU Coach Goss.

He's certainly willing to pull the trigger, but those must have been difficult decisions.

This post was edited on 9/10 9:55 PM by WildcatWillie

link to PGA Tour story & video

Interesting. I've been wondering if Luke would take this step. I think it might be a good idea. I'm glad to hear that Luke is still working with Pat on short game and I trust he will still be close to the NU program.

Doc, someone in the crowd asked him Wednesday about wearing purple and he said, "Sunday" He looks like he is really thinking about the swing as to where he finishes it. Hope he can come back next season. Since the US Open Saturday fadeout, he has really been in a slump. Still, a great ambassador for Northwestern.

Yeah, his swing thought is clearly a mess. Hopefully a long winter of practice will straighten things out. I think Luke did the right thing, but it takes a lot of courage to make changes like this at his stage. Luke has the highest of expectations for himself. And I know Pat wants only what is best for him.

Luke is relatively short off the tee, but unfortunately , he is also inaccurate. The above combination puts a lot of pressure on his irons and short game. Maybe a change will improve his driver accuracy

This actually happened at the PGA in August. I got an email about it from Dufner's agent because he knew I was an NU guy. This has been a long time coming. You should see the goofy contraption Luke is wearing on the range on non-tournament days. It's straight out of Tin Cup...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT