ADVERTISEMENT

Mac injured

Impressed with how the team responded to their leader going down, pulling away and winning big. However, not sure that can last during the conference gauntlet.

Hope BMac's injury is not too serious, but I'm fearing the worst.

I am not sure what will become of the rest of this season without our most-seasoned player? We will miss BMac if he is seriously injured! Gosh, this might be a bad one I fear....!

Reactions: PHWildcat
Let me offer a minimal amount of hope that it's not a knee.

BMac initially grabbed his knee. But as he talked to the trainer, all of his description was focused lower on his leg (calf/shin-ish).

Let me offer a minimal amount of hope that it's not a knee.

BMac initially grabbed his knee. But as he talked to the trainer, all of his description was focused lower on his leg (calf/shin-ish).
Maybe a calf strain or shin spliints/somthing minor?? Wow, that would be good news if he is OK. Sometimes a minor scare is what turns it around for a player!??

They never showed a replay of when he was injured, right? So everything is speculation based on him holding his knee? Hate this! Wish we had some info.

Maybe a calf strain or shin spliints/somthing minor?? Wow, that would be good news if he is OK. Sometimes a minor scare is what turns it around for a player!??

Well Collins said after the game it’s his knee but no report on the actual nature of the injury

They never showed a replay of when he was injured, right? So everything is speculation based on him holding his knee? Hate this! Wish we had some info.
They did replay it in the second half. he was diving to recover an errant pass from, I think Brown. Rolled over onto the leg and one of the brown kids might have rolled on top of him a bit also. If he's out for most or all of the season, it might necessitate a old Cubs refrain... wait un--- ---- ----. Sorry I just can't type that out.

They did replay it in the second half. he was diving to recover an errant pass from, I think Brown. Rolled over onto the leg and one of the brown kids might have rolled on top of him a bit also. If he's out for most or all of the season, it might necessitate a old Cubs refrain... wait un--- ---- ----. Sorry I just can't type that out.

It was a pass from Gaines that was deflected.

The future may just be starting now for this program. Without BMac, we will get a glimpse at what next year is going to look like. That is to say, a lot of Pardon and a lot of Law. I’d wager Ash will start at PG going forward.

Everyone is going to have to step up and play team ball. I was encouraged with what I saw after BMac left the game. Will need to keep playing tough D and team offense to have any shot at keeping tourney dreams alive.

Most likely, this confirms it’s an NIT season. Which is ok if it means that younger players get more opportunities and there’s less of a drop off next year post-BMac.

Reactions: xxjfgxx and Fitz51
The future may just be starting now for this program. Without BMac, we will get a glimpse at what next year is going to look like. That is to say, a lot of Pardon and a lot of Law. I’d wager Ash will start at PG going forward.

Everyone is going to have to step up and play team ball. I was encouraged with what I saw after BMac left the game. Will need to keep playing tough D and team offense to have any shot at keeping tourney dreams alive.

Most likely, this confirms it’s an NIT season. Which is ok if it means that younger players get more opportunities and there’s less of a drop off next year post-BMac.
It will just be a glimpse.

Next year Lathon, Kopp and Turner will get major minutes. Will be good for Ash and Brown to get quality minutes while Mac heals, but the 2018-19 Cats will look totally different from what we will see in early B1G play this year.

Yup.showed it more than once' player rolled into his calf and onto his ankle. Did not look bad as it happened, but Bryant's reaction of immediately grabbing his knee was not great. He could put a little weight on the leg as they helped him off, but not much.

Yup.showed it more than once' player rolled into his calf and onto his ankle. Did not look bad as it happened, but Bryant's reaction of immediately grabbing his knee was not great. He could put a little weight on the leg as they helped him off, but not much.
Hope he is ok! We need him for our final four run!

But like the Cubs, lwe won last year

Gawd, does any basketball program get more of its major players injured year after year than Northwestern?
The general problem we always had was a lack of any depth so a single injury (a strong probability for at least one) would derail us

One of the coaches was saying that with an ACL, you generally knew immediately and since there was no real indication, they were hoping that it wasn't too bad but it would have to wait for tests

It will just be a glimpse.

Next year Lathon, Kopp and Turner will get major minutes. Will be good for Ash and Brown to get quality minutes while Mac heals, but the 2018-19 Cats will look totally different from what we will see in early B1G play this year.

I don’t think the offense is going to run through Lathon to the same extent it ran through BMac (at least not initially). Of course there will be new players and some who leave (Scottie, Gavin), but we are about to see for the first time what NU looks like without the guy who had the ball in his hands so much over the past four years.

I don’t think the offense is going to run through Lathon to the same extent it ran through BMac (at least not initially). Of course there will be new players and some who leave (Scottie, Gavin), but we are about to see for the first time what NU looks like without the guy who had the ball in his hands so much over the past four years.
True. I wish we didn't have to see it, but will be an opportunity for Ash and Brown to get quality minutes, and for Scottie and Vic to take the leadership role. And if "jealousy" was an issue perhaps it won't be now.

True. I wish we didn't have to see it, but will be an opportunity for Ash and Brown to get quality minutes, and for Scottie and Vic to take the leadership role. And if "jealousy" was an issue perhaps it won't be now.

My thoughts exactly.

The best thing anyone can hope for now is the team rallies together, gets back to its defensive identity and plays inspired, unselfish offense. And, of course, that BMac’s only out a few weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT