ADVERTISEMENT

Maceo Austin to Duquesne

I haven't followed him or his recruiting but it sounds like a bad beat. Can someone explain why it isn't, if it isn't?

I guess he wants to stay home in Pennsylvania, so he passed up an offer from Penn State to go to Duquesne. I checked, I think they have been to the NCAA tournament four times. The last was in 1977.

Screw him!! He doesn't deserve ...

No, no, no. I'm just messing around. I just wanted to be one of those fans for a moment.

Good luck to Mr. Austin. I hope he finds everything he's looking for.

Reactions: Medill90
I didn't realize Keith Dambrot (a.k.a. LeBron's high school coach) had moved to Duquesne. Talk about something he can bring up in any recruitment meeting.

Surprising... guess proximity to home was the overriding factor. Best of luck to him.

Last edited:
I didn't realize Keith Dambrot (a.k.a. LeBron's high school coach) had moved to Duquesne. Talk about something he can bring up in any recruitment meeting.

They had been trying for years to hire him, and would occasionally put a feeler out on his interest when he was at Akron until he finally made the move.

Maceo made the right choice for him, and I will never fault a kid for doing that. We’ll get somebody good. I have confidence in this staff.

Reactions: JournCat
They had been trying for years to hire him, and would occasionally put a feeler out on his interest when he was at Akron until he finally made the move.

Maceo made the right choice for him, and I will never fault a kid for doing that. We’ll get somebody good. I have confidence in this staff.
The A-10 is a solid hoops league. They had 3 NCAA teams last season (B1G only had 4), and basketball is the main sport at all of these schools.

I guess he wants to stay home in Pennsylvania, so he passed up an offer from Penn State to go to Duquesne. I checked, I think they have been to the NCAA tournament four times. The last was in 1977.

State College isn't exactly "local."

About a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive, including on some pretty tricky 2 lane roads.

HTH and being a big fish in a small pond (Chambers has put together a pretty good class, in part, helped by that NIT Championship and the class prior, consisted entirely of guards).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT