ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Washington Returning to NU

Really hope he has a breakout year. With 3 starting WRs leaving already, it’s good he is staying. He saw the field from year 1 but his role hasn’t quite clicked yet.

This is great news. I had very high hopes for the Class of 2019 wide receiver group: Genson Hooper-Price, Bryce Kirtz, Malik Washington and Wayne Dennis. There have been flashes -- Malik has been involved from the start, Dennis made the nice catch in the Citrus Bowl and Kirtz came on late this year.

With Lees, RCB and Kyric departing, it seems like the time for this group to step up as upperclassmen in 2021.

All well and good but I'm seeing GHP as a Kyle Prater like in his career so far. WHERE IS HE? And why, with his height advantage, doesn't he see the field?

All well and good but I'm seeing GHP as a Kyle Prater like in his career so far. WHERE IS HE? And why, with his height advantage, doesn't he see the field?
He was really raw as a prospect; incredible athlete that has to learn and figure out the rest. This year will probably tell us whether he's developed to that point.

He was really raw as a prospect; incredible athlete that has to learn and figure out the rest. This year will probably tell us whether he's developed to that point.
Even Kyle Prater wasn't an instant success when he transferred to NU. It was his second year with the program before he started contributing in a meaningful way. Only recently, RCB didn't make much of an impact until really his senior year, although he did have some highlights earlier (Holiday Bowl comes to mind). I haven't given up on GHP, but like many fans was hoping he would be on a faster track to contributing. We gave scholarships to 4 receivers in his class, and at this point, clearly he has lagged behind Washington, Dennis, and Kirtz. He still has 3 years of eligibility left, so I'm hoping he develops into the type of game-changing receiver we all expected.

Even Kyle Prater wasn't an instant success when he transferred to NU. It was his second year with the program before he started contributing in a meaningful way. Only recently, RCB didn't make much of an impact until really his senior year, although he did have some highlights earlier (Holiday Bowl comes to mind). I haven't given up on GHP, but like many fans was hoping he would be on a faster track to contributing. We gave scholarships to 4 receivers in his class, and at this point, clearly he has lagged behind Washington, Dennis, and Kirtz. He still has 3 years of eligibility left, so I'm hoping he develops into the type of game-changing receiver we all expected.

In reality he has up to four years of eligibility left because last year did not count. He needs the time. WRs need to know how to run routes, catch the ball and block.

In reality he has up to four years of eligibility left because last year did not count. He needs the time. WRs need to know how to run routes, catch the ball and block.
Not long ago I went back and rewatched GHP's high school highlights. Taking off my purple shades, I realized how raw he was. He's not a fluid athlete, but I hope his hard work pays off into at least 2 or more productive years. I think he can get to the level of RCB and Prater.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT