ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Cooper Vs. Leon Lett

ENOUGH WITH THE DANCING AND PRANCING ALREADY! This isn't ballet, and you're not wearing tutus. The game itself is fun - that's why every player - regardless of the level he reaches - grows up playing it for free. That's why we watch as avidly as we do as fans. From the day any of these sports were invented, the games have been fun and exhilarating to play. Fun didn't just start happening in the past generation or two. The game's the thing. Spectacular plays have been made for 100+ years in our major sports, yet for the vast majority of that time, players somehow managed to play and enjoy the games without preening and prancing about like they'd just won the lottery every time they made a nice play. We watch the games because of the football - not because of the idiotic "Look at me!" prancing . . . does anyone believe that viewership or attendance would go down if players simply handed the ball to the official after scoring? Like Jim Brown did? Like Walter Payton did? Like Barry Sanders did? Like Jerry Rice did? No, there is no cogent argument that this childish dancing silliness is in any way necessary to the enjoyment of the game for either the players OR the fans. Every one of us would be watching just as much if it were banned entirely . . . and somehow, some way, the players would manage to survive. Idiotic episodes like the stunt Cooper pulled have no place in any sport, at any level. That's not harsh; that's just fact. I know there are those of you who'd disagree, and you're absolutely entitled to those opinions. That's mine.

Cooper wins.

Note to Marcus: keep running until you hit the wall behind the goalposts.

Let's not focus on that idiot. How about giving props to our very own Sherrick McManis for being the guy who blocked that field goal and also recovered a fumbled punt earlier in the game and played his usual sterling special teams game. An unsung hero in the Bears victory yesterday, Way to go Sherrick!.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/...-mcmanis-has-a-pro-bowl-day-on-special-teams/

ENOUGH WITH THE DANCING AND PRANCING ALREADY! This isn't ballet, and you're not wearing tutus. The game itself is fun - that's why every player - regardless of the level he reaches - grows up playing it for free. That's why we watch as avidly as we do as fans. From the day any of these sports were invented, the games have been fun and exhilarating to play. Fun didn't just start happening in the past generation or two. The game's the thing. Spectacular plays have been made for 100+ years in our major sports, yet for the vast majority of that time, players somehow managed to play and enjoy the games without preening and prancing about like they'd just won the lottery every time they made a nice play. We watch the games because of the football - not because of the idiotic "Look at me!" prancing . . . does anyone believe that viewership or attendance would go down if players simply handed the ball to the official after scoring? Like Jim Brown did? Like Walter Payton did? Like Barry Sanders did? Like Jerry Rice did? No, there is no cogent argument that this childish dancing silliness is in any way necessary to the enjoyment of the game for either the players OR the fans. Every one of us would be watching just as much if it were banned entirely . . . and somehow, some way, the players would manage to survive. Idiotic episodes like the stunt Cooper pulled have no place in any sport, at any level. That's not harsh; that's just fact. I know there are those of you who'd disagree, and you're absolutely entitled to those opinions. That's mine.

Get off my lawn!

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
Let's not focus on that idiot. How about giving props to our very own Sherrick McManis for being the guy who blocked that field goal and also recovered a fumbled punt earlier in the game and played his usual sterling special teams game. An unsung hero in the Bears victory yesterday, Way to go Sherrick!.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/...-mcmanis-has-a-pro-bowl-day-on-special-teams/
Taks for posting that Corbi. I didn't know he had a good game. Good to hear.

He stopped running - the guys on WBBM post game were speculating that he lost track of where he was on the field and thought he had already crossed the goal line.

That's speculation. He thought he had nobody chasing him and wanted to style across the goal line, otherwise wouldn't have still had the ball tucked under his arm when it was knocked out.

He stopped running - the guys on WBBM post game were speculating that he lost track of where he was on the field and thought he had already crossed the goal line.
Yeah, 'cuz . . . that happens. :rolleyes: Try saying that with a straight face. I'll hang up and watch you crack up.

He was prancing and with the "look at me" strut. As RoseBowl said, enough already. If you want to show off your dance moves, go to a club. Also they don't just give us the theatrics after great plays they do it when they make an ordinary tackle or when they're coving a receiver and the pass is overthrow. It's also happening hundreds of times in every college game as well. Stop the show boating and play the game.

That's speculation. He thought he had nobody chasing him and wanted to style across the goal line, otherwise wouldn't have still had the ball tucked under his arm when it was knocked out.
Isn't anything other than Cooper explaining it speculation? I've never played NFL football, jay hilgenberg and Jim schwantz have, schwantz a long time special teams standout. This was their theory which makes sense to me as I didn't see any Deion sanders, deshawn Jackson show boating. Dumb play for sure.

I'm not a gambler, and if I were, I certainly wouldn't bet on the Bears, but am I the only person who immediately thought of Dennis Lundy on that play? I don't think it's likely Cooper was shaving points, but isn't it worth at least a cursory investigation?

I'm not a gambler, and if I were, I certainly wouldn't bet on the Bears, but am I the only person who immediately thought of Dennis Lundy on that play? I don't think it's likely Cooper was shaving points, but isn't it worth at least a cursory investigation?
No.

The only thing that should be investigated should be Cooper's blood alcohol content on Sunday afternoon, but that ship has sailed.

Isn't anything other than Cooper explaining it speculation? I've never played NFL football, jay hilgenberg and Jim schwantz have, schwantz a long time special teams standout. This was their theory which makes sense to me as I didn't see any Deion sanders, deshawn Jackson show boating. Dumb play for sure.

Cooper: I thought I was in, but obviously I wasn’t.

I suppose you can argue about if that's actually true or not, but it's at least what he said after the game.

It was one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen in my life, in any sport... that said I'd guess he runs through the wind tunnel Forrest Gump style the rest of his career and this was a big wake up call

Cooper: I thought I was in, but obviously I wasn’t.

I suppose you can argue about if that's actually true or not, but it's at least what he said after the game.

Not a surprise he would say that. It seems rather obvious on the replay that he was intentionally celebrating and showboating prematurely before crossing the goal line. He could just come out and say: "I'm a dumbass who will be known as a dumbass whenever dumbass plays are shown forever."

If that is prancing, then I am Fred Astaire! None of you are going to make it big on Dancing with the Stars.

The guy pulled a boner and "walked" in at an extraordinarily slow pace. Leave it at that.
Definition. He basically came all the way to a stop before crossing the goal line. Just slowing down would have still gotten him in.

Definition. He basically came all the way to a stop before crossing the goal line. Just slowing down would have still gotten him in.

Definition of prance
pranced; prancing
intransitive verb
1:to spring from the hind legs or move by so doing
2:to ride on a prancinghorse
3:to walk or move in a spirited manner :strut; also :to dance about
transitive verb
:to cause (a horse) to prance

prancer
play \ˈpran(t)-sər\noun

Not a surprise he would say that. It seems rather obvious on the replay that he was intentionally celebrating and showboating prematurely before crossing the goal line. He could just come out and say: "I'm a dumbass who will be known as a dumbass whenever dumbass plays are shown forever."

. . . . . which would about sum it up. Couldn't say it any better than that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT