ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Smith

Catreporter

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2007
It looks like Mark Smith made a huge mistake going to Champaign. That team is loaded with young guards and has a five star coming in next year. Smith is buried in the rotation right now and isn't doing much when he gets in there. If he had come to Northwestern, he would have gotten a good amount of time backing up both McIntosh and Lindsay, maybe working into a chance to start at the point next year.

It looks like Mark Smith made a huge mistake going to Champaign. That team is loaded with young guards and has a five star coming in next year. Smith is buried in the rotation right now and isn't doing much when he gets in there. If he had come to Northwestern, he would have gotten a good amount of time backing up both McIntosh and Lindsay, maybe working into a chance to start at the point next year.
Not so fast says Jordan Ash!

Ash will be pulling splinters out next season when Lathon, Gaines, Brown, Turner and Koop take all of his minutes. Ash should transfer to Chicago State where he can play.

Reality hurts. Worst shooter on the team at 34.1 percent and second worst 3 point shooter at 30 percent.

Reality hurts. Worst shooter on the team at 34.1 percent and second worst 3 point shooter at 30 percent.

Nah...crap fans hurt. Crap fans talk about what players can't do. They only see things like ppg and shooting percentage and think that is the totality of a player or a team. If you're annoyed by wrassler, then take issue with him. Don't take cheap shots at players. They deserve better than that.

Ash will be pulling splinters out next season when Lathon, Gaines, Brown, Turner and Koop take all of his minutes. Ash should transfer to Chicago State where he can play.
Love it! That was funny! Brown may get a few splinters working on visiting those schools he will be looking to transfer to out west!

Ash should transfer to Chicago State where he can play.

This type of post really has no place here.

Not only is the premise pretty shaky as Ash is seeing increased minutes this year, but it's very low brow too (wild transfer speculation).

These overreactions feed into Wrassler's nonsense and make the board much less tolerable for everyone else.

Last edited:
I think Mark Smith is going to be just fine at Illinois. Wish I had his basketball future.

He was the player of the year in Illinois- how can you overhype that, that's a big deal. He'll be fine
Yes, I was trying to convey that I think he’ll be fine. Wish we had him. The hype for Smith really got loud at the end of his Senior year. Big boys came knocking on his door: he wasn’t considered a top tier prospect during his junior year. It happened fast for Smith.

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
Yes, I was trying to convey that I think he’ll be fine. Wish we had him. The hype for Smith really got loud at the end of his Senior year. Big boys came knocking on his door: he wasn’t considered a top tier prospect during his junior year. It happened fast for Smith.
I wasn't saying he was a bad player. I'm saying he may be with the wrong team (wish he were here!)

I wasn't saying he was a bad player. I'm saying he may be with the wrong team (wish he were here!)
Love your sales pitch, "don't go to Illinois, they have too many guards and you'd have to compete for time, come to NU because apparently our guards suck and you can just coast"

Reactions: NJCat
This type of post really has no place here.

Not only is the premise pretty shaky as Ash is seeing increased minutes this year, but it's very low brow too (wild transfer speculation).

These overreactions feed into Wrassler's nonsense and make the board much less tolerable for everyone else.

Wrassler with his idiotic trolling has done a huge disservice to Ash, who plays his heart out and has been improving.

I never troll! Truth is,I only seek the truth! Ash passes well and doesn’t turn the ball over. Plus he is one of our best defenders. I was the only poster on here who saw his talent early on. We lost a couple games by not having him in there. That will all change now! Wrassler and Ash are back and both will strut out their stuff this next month! Take it to the bank!

It is more than amusing to watch the idiots rise to the bait! Go wrassler!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT