ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland's Kasim Hill injured in run on Saturday vs. UCF

NUMBfan

Aug 26, 2005
Many of you will recall Kasim Hill, who was heavily recruited by NU last year, until ultimately committing to Maryland. Although only a freshman, Hill had been successful as Maryland's starting QB. However, he appeared to have suffered a serious leg injury during a run vs. UCF in a game last Saturday.

His prognosis to play against NU on Oct. 14 is not yet clear, but the injury looked pretty bad and Hill did not return to action in Saturday's game. Washington Post article appears below.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-first-quarter-injury/?utm_term=.c59ebe3c2b08

There is another QB at Hill's prep school that will be a star and likely headed UMD's way-Kevin Doyle

Tough break for the Terps as they lost their starter in the opening game.
Tough break for UMD: I read an article that confirmed Hill tore his ACL and is out for the year. Their third stringer's last name is Bortenschlager, I think. They'll still be a tough match-up at their stadium, particularly after facing Wisconsin & Ped State back to back.

Tough break for UMD: I read an article that confirmed Hill tore his ACL and is out for the year. Their third stringer's last name is Bortenschlager, I think. They'll still be a tough match-up at their stadium, particularly after facing Wisconsin & Ped State back to back.

Maryland will struggle to win another game this season. And yes, I do realize Rutgers is on their schedule....

Am I the only one who still sorta struggles to see Rutgers-Maryland as a Big Ten game? o_O

You might have noticed that Maryland is doing pretty doggone well in non-football sports, and their recent recruiting classes indicate they might be on their way to improvement in football. Losing both their top QBs by the third game was a big blow that might set them back this year. Rutgers has a longer road ahead, but I think Delaney wanted the NY market and knew that when he took them into the league. It isn't helping them that I believe it's 2021 before they get a full B1G financial share.

As long as Maryland's starting running back (who was averaging 15yds/carry) is healthy, my opinion is that they will be a bowl bound team this year. They've got a pretty good defense and their third string QB will get better with more action. Don't sleep on this team just because Hill is out. They are still a dangerous team- especially to inconsistent teams like NU.

As long as Maryland's starting running back (who was averaging 15yds/carry) is healthy, my opinion is that they will be a bowl bound team this year. They've got a pretty good defense and their third string QB will get better with more action. Don't sleep on this team just because Hill is out. They are still a dangerous team- especially to inconsistent teams like NU.
Agree, there is talent on this team and they'll pull a few upsets.

Johnson feasted on some terrible competition (5 carries for 124 yards and 2 TDs against Towson), then came back down to earth against UCF (11 carries for 25 yards).

Not saying there's no talent there, but early season statistics are often quite misleading.

I would guess some of Johnson's early success was due to the threat posed by two very quick read option quarterbacks. It's going to be very tough sledding for the offense without them.

Johnson feasted on some terrible competition (5 carries for 124 yards and 2 TDs against Towson), then came back down to earth against UCF (11 carries for 25 yards).

Not saying there's no talent there, but early season statistics are often quite misleading.

Texas wasn't all that bad. USC didn't even get 100 yards rushing on them.

I believe he averaged about 10 yards/carry last year as well
Had a big game vs Boston College last year, which is impressive, and had some explosion plays throughout the season. Definitely need to focus on him which should be a little easier without a running qb alongside him.

He is a slightly faster and bigger Maryland's version of Venric Mark. He reportedly runs a 4.25 40. I'd say he will be a force to be dealt with for the rest of the season if he stays healthy. This is true even if their third string qb is slower than and not as accurate Trevor Siemian.

He is a slightly faster and bigger Maryland's version of Venric Mark. He reportedly runs a 4.25 40. I'd say he will be a force to be dealt with for the rest of the season if he stays healthy. This is true even if their third string qb is slower than and not as accurate Trevor Siemian.

Think of where we would be if we down to OUR third string QB. This is a fairly similar to where Maryland is right now.

Think of where we would be if we down to OUR third string QB. This is a fairly similar to where Maryland is right now.

This did happen to us PFitz's first year as head coach- didn't it? At least for half the season? CJ Bacher had a broken leg, then Kafka hurt his hamstring or something like that. We then went with Brewer as our starting qb. We played PSU pretty close for a half from what I remember. Then came the sad MSU game where we lost the big lead. We finished 4-8 that season. Sad- wasn't it?

This did happen to us PFitz's first year as head coach- didn't it? At least for half the season? CJ Bacher had a broken leg, then Kafka hurt his hamstring or something like that. We then went with Brewer as our starting qb. We played PSU pretty close for a half from what I remember. Then came the sad MSU game where we lost the big lead. We finished 4-8 that season. Sad- wasn't it?

Yup, and we did well to get to 4 wins that season. May be the same for Maryland, unfortunately for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT