ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Fitzpatrick playing well

DaCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Matt moves up to 6th today at the St. Jude Invitational. He's been playing well, shot a 64 to move up 30 spots. He's had three top 10 finishes so far this year, with a high of 3rd place at the Memorial. He hasn't won a tournament on the PGA Tour yet so this will be a good chance for him.

Matt moves up to 6th today at the St. Jude Invitational. He's been playing well, shot a 64 to move up 30 spots. He's had three top 10 finishes so far this year, with a high of 3rd place at the Memorial. He hasn't won a tournament on the PGA Tour yet so this will be a good chance for him.
I agree!

Plus Lipsky and Wu had good 2nd days on the Korn Ferry tour, and moved within 2-3 strokes of the lead. Not a bad day for Cats on the courses.

Matthew is making a charge on Sunday at St. Judes. 3 straight birdies puts him two strokes behind Justin Thomas through 12 holes.

Fitzpatrick finished tied for 6th. He's playing well.
Yep. I really sloppy double bogey on 17 cost him dearly. A par there would have given him second by himself. Still he made about $270,000. Not bad! Wouldn't be surprised to see him win soon - maybe a major.

Yep. I really sloppy double bogey on 17 cost him dearly. A par there would have given him second by himself. Still he made about $270,000. Not bad! Wouldn't be surprised to see him win soon - maybe a major.
Agreed! He was right there! Great player!

That sloppy double bogey (great description) cost him an outright 2nd place finish and upwards of a million dollars. I can't decide whether the chunk from the fairway, the inexcusable chip to above the hole or the mindless 3 whack was the worst of the bunch. That meltdown from the fairway in and Justin Thomas' miracle bounce across the bridge cost Matt a chance at the W in extra holes.

A major in his future? Lesser players have achieved that, but I think the odds are stacked against him. I see him as having a very lucrative career much like Luke had a decade ago. He'll be an ATM without winning much of anything. A consistent WGR top 20-50 player with all the playing perks that go with it, and lots of top 10s, which BTW is pretty damn awesome/elite. Problem for Matt is that the best have distanced themselves from the field (much like OSU football has done in the BIG) and there are more elite level players joining the tour all the time.

GOUNUII

Reactions: Titanium999
That sloppy double bogey (great description) cost him an outright 2nd place finish and upwards of a million dollars. I can't decide whether the chunk from the fairway, the inexcusable chip to above the hole or the mindless 3 whack was the worst of the bunch. That meltdown from the fairway in and Justin Thomas' miracle bounce across the bridge cost Matt a chance at the W in extra holes.

A major in his future? Lesser players have achieved that, but I think the odds are stacked against him. I see him as having a very lucrative career much like Luke had a decade ago. He'll be an ATM without winning much of anything. A consistent WGR top 20-50 player with all the playing perks that go with it, and lots of top 10s, which BTW is pretty damn awesome/elite. Problem for Matt is that the best have distanced themselves from the field (much like OSU football has done in the BIG) and there are more elite level players joining the tour all the time.

GOUNUII
He is a solid top 25 player in the world! Lipsky and Wu may make the your soon enough too.

Too bad Matt missed the cut at Harding Park. I've played there 3 times, it's a great course but can be tricky.

Reactions: Titanium999
Too bad Matt missed the cut at Harding Park. I've played there 3 times, it's a great course but can be tricky.
You are lucky you can still play. I had to quit golf this year due to chronic neck and back pain. I play a lot of tennis though. Lots of fun.

Matty Fitz is hanging in the top ten after day 3 on a tough course at the BMW championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT