ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Harris vs Jourdain Lewis? Godwin vs Peppers?

Wrestlerneverdiesasacatfan

Feb 25, 2015
All hype! Our guys are just as good,or better than those guys! Just needed to beat em heads up last year! Hoping we turn the corner this year and get some much needed exposure, showing our guys are the best! Defense can be pretty salty! We need a few run stuffing Kuhar's to turn the corner!

All hype! Our guys are just as good,or better than those guys! Just needed to beat em heads up last year! Hoping we turn the corner this year and get some much needed exposure, showing our guys are the best! Defense can be pretty salty! We need a few run stuffing Kuhar's to turn the corner!
It would be great if Kuhar could emerge from his injuries as a dominant force, surprising everyone but I haven't heard that he is the one to beat and I think it is difficult to come back from serious injury and perform at an all B1G or all American level.

It would be great if Kuhar could emerge from his injuries as a dominant force, surprising everyone but I haven't heard that he is the one to beat and I think it is difficult to come back from serious injury and perform at an all B1G or all American level.

Upside is that we won't NEED him to be anything but a rotation DT. Lancaster, Thompson, and Robbins form a pretty nice core on the interior defensive line and guys like Kuhar or Wyatt simply need to fill out the group.

Hope you guys are correct! Our only major weakness last year seemed to be when running teams like Iowa,Michigan,and Tennessee wore us down in the trenches. Kuhar was a four star recruit! If he can get back to a 100%, I think he can definitely contribute. We knew the run was coming vs those teams,but weren't able to stop it! If we had Alabama's Dline, we would have pulled out one or two of those games! Fitz knows what he needs. Hope he gets it done this year as I see Iowa as our stiffest challenge this year as their QB is one of BT's best.

Hope you guys are correct! Our only major weakness last year seemed to be when running teams like Iowa,Michigan,and Tennessee wore us down in the trenches. Kuhar was a four star recruit! If he can get back to a 100%, I think he can definitely contribute. We knew the run was coming vs those teams,but weren't able to stop it! If we had Alabama's Dline, we would have pulled out one or two of those games! Fitz knows what he needs. Hope he gets it done this year as I see Iowa as our stiffest challenge this year as their QB is one of BT's best.

I might be making the acrid al sin of taking Wraser seriously, but... CJ Beathard?

I might be making the acrid al sin of taking Wraser seriously, but... CJ Beathard?
List the Big Ten QBs who are better. J.T. Barrett, of course. But then....? And you better not say Tommy Armstrong, because I know you don't think much of him (and neither do I).

List the Big Ten QBs who are better. J.T. Barrett, of course. But then....? And you better not say Tommy Armstrong, because I know you don't think much of him (and neither do I).

I agree that the B1G QBs are pretty weak (basically JT Barrett then a whole bunch of "just a guy's" at this point), but that doesn't mean Beathard should scare anyone.

Tommy Armstrong is one of the most polarizing QBs I can think of. He CAN be amongst the most dangerous QBs out there with a lethal combination of arm strength and athleticism. However, he can also be his own team's worst enemy by turning over the ball and general inaccuracy preventing sustained drives. Despite Armstrong playing a whole ton of football for the Huskers (doesn't it seem like he's been around forever?), Nebraska fans never quite know what they're going to get on a given Saturday.

I agree that the B1G QBs are pretty weak (basically JT Barrett then a whole bunch of "just a guy's" at this point), but that doesn't mean Beathard should scare anyone.

Tommy Armstrong is one of the most polarizing QBs I can think of. He CAN be amongst the most dangerous QBs out there with a lethal combination of arm strength and athleticism. However, he can also be his own team's worst enemy by turning over the ball and general inaccuracy preventing sustained drives. Despite Armstrong playing a whole ton of football for the Huskers (doesn't it seem like he's been around forever?), Nebraska fans never quite know what they're going to get on a given Saturday.
Beathard himself doesn't really scare me, but he manages the offense well and does what they need him to do to be effective. He's an experienced QB who limits his mistakes.

Tommy Armstrong is saying all the right things this offseason, but I'm not buying into the idea that Nebraska will be a winner this year with him at QB. I think the INTs and throwing inaccuracies are in his head, and he'll continue to be inconsistent. I don't understand why most pundits are predicting Nebraska to finish ahead of us in the B1G West standings this season, other than the fact that they're NEBRASKA and we're just Northwestern.

Awful year for QB's, because yes, Beathard is clearly the second best QB in B1G going into the year.

That said, I think the QB who locks the gigs up at UM and Indiana will have a better year throwing the football.

CJ was 11-0 and had Iowa ranked in top five . Great decision maker! Iowa is very disciplined as a football team! Smoked out the cats! I think Clayton is best QB in BT!

Uh, yeah. Go ahead and tell yourself that. And that game wasn't even remotely close last year.

Wrassler I'm with you on this. I brought up CJB early in the he season last year as one of the better B1G QBs and was fairly mocked for it. But those sukkaz ate slow cooked crow when Beathard finished fourth in PER! It's a very lean QB crop in the B1G this year, so I think the Cats secondary will be dominant. But as you note, we need to stop the run game against the heavyweights to reel off another 10 win season!!!!

that is just a dumb thing to say.

Speaking of good BT QBs,I'm glad we don't play Penn State this year! They are loaded at running back! They have an All Big Ten back,and Doak Walker candidate returning,along with the number one ranked high school RB as a frosh! The new kid is a load!

Speaking of good BT QBs,I'm glad we don't play Penn State this year! They are loaded at running back! They have an All Big Ten back,and Doak Walker candidate returning,along with the number one ranked high school RB as a frosh! The new kid is a load!

You can't possibly be serious.

Why do you say that? I think Sequon Barkley is the best RB in the Big Ten. I don't know how good the freshman RB is, though.

I'm 100% behind Barkley being a top-flight back in the B1G and country.

What got me was "Speaking of good BT QBs,I'm glad we don't play Penn State this year! They are loaded at running back!" That transition makes no sense.

I'm 100% behind Barkley being a top-flight back in the B1G and country.

What got me was "Speaking of good BT QBs,I'm glad we don't play Penn State this year! They are loaded at running back!" That transition makes no sense.
Please allow me to assist, as I have a doctorate in Wrassleric Language Studies and am a noted linguist.

Wrassler is merely pointing out that PSU has no QB who poses a passing threat, which means that whoever mans that position will spend a lot of time handing the ball to Barkley.

PSU will win the east division! Solid offensive line! Barkley is second fiddle to Miles Sanders! Just look this kid up! He's a stronger,faster version of Justin Jackson! He will be frosh of the year! 6 feet, two hundred pounds! An absolute hammer! I'm glad we don't play PSU till the title game,if we can upset Iowa!

PSU will win the east division! Solid offensive line! Barkley is second fiddle to Miles Sanders! Just look this kid up! He's a stronger,faster version of Justin Jackson! He will be frosh of the year! 6 feet, two hundred pounds! An absolute hammer! I'm glad we don't play PSU till the title game,if we can upset Iowa!

"Solid offensive line"? They couldn't block a soul last year, then lost Hand to Auburn and Mangiero to graduation. Tiny should do a fine job there, but it's not hard to improve upon giving up 39 sacks in 2015 and 44 in 2014.

Also think the Buckeyes and Wolverines might have something to say about the East.

Franklin coaching should tip anyone off to the chances of Ped State being successful.

The same list that has Justin Jackson as the #11 player in the B1G has Beathard a slot or two back. To be honest, (and I think you would to if you were honest) I'd rather have Beathard back there vs. Clayton, his potential notwithstanding.

The same list that has Justin Jackson as the #11 player in the B1G has Beathard a slot or two back. To be honest, (and I think you would to if you were honest) I'd rather have Beathard back there vs. Clayton, his potential notwithstanding.

If you want to completely exclude Thorson's long-term potential, I would obviously rather have 2016 Beathard rather than 2016 Thorson (I think... a full offseason getting starters' reps could do wonders for Thorson).

A more apt comparison is whether we would want 2016 Thorson than 2014 Beathard, when Beathard was a part-time starter after Rudock went down with injury and he turned in two pretty uninspiring performances against Purde and Tennessee. Like 2016 Thorson, Beathard's potential was obvious and we can only hope 2016 Thorson makes an improvement in performance similar to that Beathard did in 2015.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT