ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe this is a crazy idea

Eurocat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
What if Northwestern (and other name schools like LSU, Notre Dame) played in super small venues (Less than 15k) but jacked up their prices threefold-fourfold?

Spread the fans all out. I think a a lot of Alabama, Longhiorn, Sooner, Auburn Tiger fans would pay to see their team in some huge high school stadium (again spread them all out, end-zone seating, etc),

Maybe that is irrational.But maybe smart.

I have for 30 years advocated that US Mens soccer needs to go get a seven foot NBA center and whenever we (the USA) gets a corner kick he could just konk it in the goal. Never understood why we dont do that.

Be creative.

What if Northwestern (and other name schools like LSU, Notre Dame) played in super small venues (Less than 15k) but jacked up their prices threefold-fourfold?

Spread the fans all out. I think a a lot of Alabama, Longhiorn, Sooner, Auburn Tiger fans would pay to see their team in some huge high school stadium (again spread them all out, end-zone seating, etc),

I have for 30 years advocated that US Mens soccer needs to go get a seven foot NBA center and whenever we (the USA) gets a corner kick he could just konk it in the goal with a header. Never understood why we dont do that. So easy.

Be creative.

It’s a great idea but defeats the social distancing need to have fans spread out.

But they would be spread out. (Good to hear from you by the way, hope you are well go WNUR!).

I have for 30 years advocated that US Mens soccer needs to go get a seven foot NBA center and whenever we (the USA) gets a corner kick he could just konk it in the goal. Never understood why we dont do that.

Be creative.
What would the NBA center do for the 99% of the game that isn’t a USA corner kick?

Reactions: NUCat320

Be creative.
Agreed on the soccer comment. Look at the career Peter Crouch (name not a condition) had for years in the English Premier League. The guy was 6'7 and deadly in the box on corner kicks.

Reactions: iskaboo
Agreed on the soccer comment. Look at the career Peter Crouch (name not a condition) had for years in the English Premier League. The guy was 6'7 and deadly in the box on corner kicks.
Peter Crouch was a soccer player...

Peter Crouch was a soccer player...
Yeah, this is exactly the point. I think a guy like Hakeem Olajuwon was at least a serviceable soccer player growing up, but in international play, you can't just be "serviceable". Even if a guy like that singlehandedly doubles the frequency of converted corner kicks, that's still a very small number, and he'd be way more of a hindrance to his team's overall play to make that difference worth it. Besides, seven-footers (or the like) are rare enough as it is; guys that big who are even close to international level soccer players are nearly nonexistent. It'd be fun to watch, though. Maybe sub him in before a corner kick in injury time?

Reactions: Titanium999
Either the season happens or it doesn't. Until it can be close to normal, there is no point.

I don’t know if the tv contract payouts are fixed or if they flex with viewership, but I think viewership explodes (in a good way) this fall.
With all the discussion of resuming sports...I have been wondering where are the TV boys on all of these... They are a big part of the financial formula.......Is there an exemption clause? a pro-rated formula, Media has probably financially done well in the last 3 months, are they sweetening the pot,,,,or putting the squeeze on? Certainly do not hear much from them? Follow the money

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT