ADVERTISEMENT

McCall to Iowa State

I'm actually relieved to see this. I have no axe to grind against him personally, he just wasn't (apparently) doing the job. I say apparently because we won't know whether he was a big part of the problem until toward the end of next season.

Don't like to see anyone out of a job, even if it is a purportedly underperforming millionaire

The good news for Mick is that ISU is a relatively patient fanbase, as their program has been arguably the worst in P5 over the last several decades. The bad news is the weather is horrendous. Ames is the epicenter for the Iowa wind energy resource, and for good reason. The arctic wind sort of makes it's sharp turn to the east there. It sucks

Can't you just congratulate McCall for getting another job without being a goof? I doubt if Wickerpark said that he would never get another job. I think he might have said that he would end up like Colby with some downgraded spot. A RB coach is a good gig for McCall, and as a former OC, he knows a few things about RB's. Actually, it would have been nice for him to stay here in the program in a far lesser role than OC.

What will be interesting is to see how he recruits. Maybe he is good at it. I don't think McCall or Hank ever had territories although McCall had connections in Colorado that had us nab Colter and Anderson ?

I wish him nothing but the best. He deserves it!

Reactions: Catslash
Glad to see Mick land on his feet, but while he wasn't the sole reason the O has struggled over the course of numerous seasons, he played a significant role in that.

Can't you just congratulate McCall for getting another job without being a goof? I doubt if Wickerpark said that he would never get another job. I think he might have said that he would end up like Colby with some downgraded spot. A RB coach is a good gig for McCall, and as a former OC, he knows a few things about RB's. Actually, it would have been nice for him to stay here in the program in a far lesser role than OC.

What will be interesting is to see how he recruits. Maybe he is good at it. I don't think McCall or Hank ever had territories although McCall had connections in Colorado that had us nab Colter and Anderson ?

Took you a little while go to back and delete some posts under both your user names, eh?

Busted. Again.

https://northwestern.forums.rivals....ansfer-to-notre-dame.48671/page-2#post-698096

https://northwestern.forums.rivals....h-was-his-best-called-game.48651/#post-696804

Last edited:

Perhaps we should sit back and see how the RBs do at ISU? Turk may be right still. I mean, we still employ a coach that should not be coaching at a D1 level - so these things happen. (And get ready to line up your list of excuses when the RBs don't improve there. It will be everyone's fault - including Turk and Fitz - because accountability is not a strength around here.)

Perhaps we should sit back and see how the RBs do at ISU? Turk may be right still. I mean, we still employ a coach that should not be coaching at a D1 level - so these things happen. (And get ready to line up your list of excuses when the RBs don't improve there. It will be everyone's fault - including Turk and Fitz - because accountability is not a strength around here.)

Oh hey, look! It's the other troll! How's it going?

Reactions: Rebel_

You were right again, Turk.
Like you, i wish him well as a position coach. He was wise to stop waiting around for another coordinator job.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
You were right again, Turk.
Like you, i wish him well as a position coach. He was wise to stop waiting around for another coordinator job.
We could have kept him as a position coach, imo. Worked out after we put JB as a position coach. JB wasn't much of a DC but he learned so much that he became a better DB coach.

We could have kept him as a position coach, imo. Worked out after we put JB as a position coach. JB wasn't much of a DC but he learned so much that he became a better DB coach.

It is extremely weird when you talk to yourself.

It is extremely weird when you talk to yourself.

Particularly when he posts really dumb things and the other agrees. Like JB becoming a good DB coach after being a DC. I guess the 25+ years of experience in the NFL and D1 football up to that point, including winning 3 B1G championships, didn't teach him much.

Particularly when he posts really dumb things and the other agrees. Like JB becoming a good DB coach after being a DC. I guess the 25+ years of experience in the NFL and D1 football up to that point, including winning 3 B1G championships, didn't teach him much.
So whenever he posts?

Why do you people insist on continuing to perpetuate the unsubstantiated theme that Turk = Wickerpark, when the authorities on this board have indicated that they are not? Surely, it is possible for two different people to have the same dumb opinion, no? And does it matter? Just look at Corbi - he often has at least one person agreeing with his rubbish and it doesn't change anything.

Why do you people insist on continuing to perpetuate the unsubstantiated theme that Turk = Wickerpark, when the authorities on this board have indicated that they are not? Surely, it is possible for two different people to have the same dumb opinion, no? And does it matter? Just look at Corbi - he often has at least one person agreeing with his rubbish and it doesn't change anything.

I wish Doug Szymul would punch you in the nuts.

Why do you people insist on continuing to perpetuate the unsubstantiated theme that Turk = Wickerpark, when the authorities on this board have indicated that they are not?

When did they indicate that?

Wrong. The board authorities have done no such thing except check to see if 'they' have the same IP address. 'They' don't. It's not hard for one person to have multiple IP addresses.

I don't care either way. It's just Turk playing games here.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Wrong. The board authorities have done no such thing except check to see if 'they' have the same IP address. 'They' don't. It's not hard for one person to have multiple IP addresses.

I don't care either way. It's just Turk playing games here.

So that dude is switching IP addresses each time he logs in a different user name? That's....dedication

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT