ADVERTISEMENT

Meet new NU WR commit Jacob Jefferson

While fun to see his quickness, I've never quite understood these drills... virtually zero application to "game speed" football.

I assume that in that video, he out juked a fairly highly regarded opponent since not just everybody goes to these camps. So that is pretty exciting but in real games I always feel like the over all team speed of the defense closes in on the ballcarrier too fast at the college level. Occasionally however, a guy is just plain better than the guy he is up against.

Last edited:
I assume that in that video, he out juked a fairly highly regarded opponent since not just everybody goes to these camps. So that is pretty exciting but in real games I always feel like the over all team speed of the defense closes in on the ballcarrier too fast at the college level.

He would be de-cleated if he ever came to a near-complete stop and danced that way in a game setting.

Thanks for this article Lou. I want all our commits to get tons of attention and welcoming comments on the board. We might be a little small as a fan base so we need to make sure we all contribute.

Some times when we get commits in rapid succession a guy's welcome party on the board gets cut short. I felt like that kind of happened with Jacob.

So excited to have you as part of this great class, Jacob!

Go Cats!!

It was nice to see that the only guy to stop JJ with good coverage was Mr. Newsome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT