ADVERTISEMENT

Meet Trae Williams, NU's newest Wildcat

There was a remark on another site about Trae's father being bummed, but I think while he may be a bit sad about not being able to see his son daily, he otherwise probably is thrilled for his son to play at a higher level and get the opportunity to get a top notch education (not that he couldn't have gotten a fine education at Ohio).

Welcome to the Wildcat family! Could this be the second coming of 2-star late recruit Sherrick McManis who went on to become one of the best corners in school history? Time will tell, but in the meantime, congratulations to Trae.

Welcome to NU, Trae! Playing on a big stage and a world class education is hard to beat. Good luck to you.

Is it hypocritical for Fitz to get upset if our recruits go on other official visits after they have committed, but for NU to continue to recruit kids that are committed elsewhere.

Originally posted by ajr938:
Is it hypocritical for Fitz to get upset if our recruits go on other official visits after they have committed, but for NU to continue to recruit kids that are committed elsewhere.
I believe the official party line is something to the effect of "we tell recruits that commit elsewhere that we won't contact them anymore . . . if they're still interested, they need to re-initiate the contact." If that's actually how it works in practice (and I have no information one way or the other, about this example or in general), I think it's a pretty reasonable and non-hypocritical approach.

Yesterday he was a two star. After committing to NU, he becomes a three star.

Isn't this the kind of star inflation that NU fans complain about when it benefits other programs?
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by FrancisSearle75:
Yesterday he was a two star. After committing to NU, he becomes a three star.

Isn't this the kind of star inflation that NU fans complain about when it benefits other programs?
wink.r191677.gif
It shows how bogus the whole system is. Why wasn't he rated 3-stars before? Did the Rivals recruiting brain trust do one of their in-depth reevaluations after he flipped to NU?

ADVERTISEMENT