ADVERTISEMENT

Mick McCall is gone

Isn’t moron spelled with an ‘o?’
My point exactly. Please refer to TheC's original post on the matter of morans. We are having a disagreement over this, and I hope the moderators begin taking his spelling more seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin
yeah, but isn’t the most common criticism of Michigan that they are trying to run an antiquated offensive scheme in an era of high scoring offenses?
Most common criticism of iis that it is Michigan

My point exactly. Please refer to TheC's original post on the matter of morans. We are having a disagreement over this, and I hope the moderators begin taking his spelling more seriously.
morans.jpg

I've been so busy today, I'm just now seeing this news. A few thoughts...

1. First-class press release from NU. I found myself momentarily thinking...WAS it a firing? That was by design - the release treated McCall with total class and put him over big time. Another reason we should be proud of NU.

2. I've been solidly in the fire McCall camp for a while now, but no matter how bad our offensive stats have been, they've still led to three consecutive bowl wins and a West Division title. Some will speculate that we could be at five bowl wins (maybe a Rose Bowl?) if Fitz had moved sooner, but either way...the past few years have been...well...nice...and McCall has been a definitive, meaningful part of that.

3. Very proud of Fitz for making the decision he surely did not want to make. I have definitely found myself questioning whether Fitz is more loyal to his throne and his people than to the program and to his job responsibilities. All football coaches...including Fitz and McCall...know their profession and what they've signed up for. They also live in nicer houses than I do.

4. I'll admit...I'm now 10% excited/90% terrified of what lies ahead. Has Fitz caught up with the times? Will he go after the BEST offensive coordinator he can get his hands on...even a rising star in danger of leaving for a head coaching job in a couple of big seasons...or will he buy an Oldsmobile again - the boring, trusty, stodgy, "reliable" OC who won't go elsewhere because no one will ever try to poach him? More than anything I want to see someone with a proven track record...someone who has won at a HIGH level, i.e. seen more than a few MAC Division titles.

4. Will he go after the BEST offensive coordinator he can get his hands on...even a rising star in danger of leaving for a head coaching job in a couple of big seasons...or will he buy an Oldsmobile again - the boring, trusty, stodgy, "reliable" OC who won't go elsewhere because no one will ever try to poach him? More than anything I want to see someone with a proven track record...someone who has won at a HIGH level, i.e. seen more than a few MAC Division titles.

I think the Anderson hire was telling. Yes, he was conveniently available, but he was well regarded and offered the track record you would want.

At the time of his hire, McCall was an innovator who had very good success at BGSU.

I would not worry about Fitz screwing this one up.

ADVERTISEMENT