ADVERTISEMENT

Minny weather

charcat

Apr 11, 2006
we need our running game and Bowser to show up big this weekend. Nasty cold weather is not for the high flying passing attacks. Ask the LA Rams that used to lose every year to the Vikings in playoff time in the 70’s. Bud Grant had a team of tough guys and tough running backs would beat them like a mule.

Bowser, go knock some heads

Reactions: zeek55
My weather report says same temperature but windier. So may actually be colder windchill and tougher passing. I heard they still have heating coils for the field which were installed for the season the Vikings played there but I’m not sure if they used them this weekend.

I am wondering if we are going to see Brown,,,,He was supposed to be practicing a week ago.....He has had a lot of carries in the last few weeks.....

My weather report says same temperature but windier. So may actually be colder windchill and tougher passing. I heard they still have heating coils for the field which were installed for the season the Vikings played there but I’m not sure if they used them this weekend.
I don't think the cold had any effect on yesterday's game, the wind is a different thing that increases the cold and moves the ball around. The sun will help[ but the wind messes things up. Bowser is great but can he make 40 carries.

I think the cold had huge effects. Was no SEC track meet. We are well equipped for both styles imo.

Reactions: mickbula
I think the cold had huge effects. Was no SEC track meet. We are well equipped for both styles imo.
If I were Fitz/Mc/Hank, I would make sure our players practice on the outside turf all week for sure. The damp freezing winds off the lake are much like what they will find most likely up North vs Minn on Sat. I think the elements that the Purdue team wilted under vs Minn last Sat will not be as advantageous for Minn vs NU. We seem to play pretty good when it gets cold out. Especially with our resurgent running game.

Reactions: ricko654321
You'all make it sound like it's the frickin' arctic up here. I just went outside. Sat out there for a while and ate couple of sticks of beef jerky. No gloves. Not a problem. It's partly sunny, 20 degrees and beautiful, a little chillier than it's supposed to be Saturday. If they wear their Duluth Trading Company Buck Naked Performance Base Underwear and keep moving, they'll be warmer than the Sasketchewan Huskies and the Gophers won't know what hit 'em. A little wind will just make us fans cold, but only if we're not cheerin' the Wildcats.

Last edited:
You'all make it sound like it's the frickin' arctic up here. I just went outside. Sat out there for a while and ate couple of sticks of beef jerky. No gloves. Not a problem. It's partly sunny, 20 degrees and beautiful, a little chillier than it's supposed to be Saturday. If they wear their Duluth Trading Company Buck Naked Performance Base Underwear and keep moving, they'll be warmer than the Sasketchewan Huskies and the Gophers won't know what hit 'em. A little wind will just make us fans cold, but only if we're not cheerin' the Wildcats.

The dampness in Evanston makes if feel colder than the dry cold in Minneapolis.
I grew up in South Dakota and the winters in Evanston seemed colder.

The dampness in Evanston makes if feel colder than the dry cold in Minneapolis.
I grew up in South Dakota and the winters in Evanston seemed colder.
Never heard that before. Practice in Evanston to prepare for the temps in Minnesota. But you do make a good point, being by the lake the moisture in the air does make it seem colder, although in fact the lake effect is to make it cooler in summer and warmer in winter.

As a fan it was darn cold Saturday at IA and at this point may be colder in Mpls this week. But the players are well prepared for sure.

I don't think the cold had any effect on yesterday's game, the wind is a different thing that increases the cold and moves the ball around. The sun will help[ but the wind messes things up. Bowser is great but can he make 40 carries.
No,but he can do 30 and Hanaoka 20

we need our running game and Bowser to show up big this weekend. Nasty cold weather is not for the high flying passing attacks. Ask the LA Rams that used to lose every year to the Vikings in playoff time in the 70’s. Bud Grant had a team of tough guys and tough running backs would beat them like a mule.

Bowser, go knock some heads
maybe run bowser 10 times, at most. We need to use this game like a scrimmage.

Actually warmer than sub arctic conditions here. Although we had snow over the weekend it was warm enough to rain as I drove to work this morning here in Alaska.

Last edited:
If I were Fitz/Mc/Hank, I would make sure our players practice on the outside turf all week for sure. The damp freezing winds off the lake are much like what they will find most likely up North vs Minn on Sat. I think the elements that the Purdue team wilted under vs Minn last Sat will not be as advantageous for Minn vs NU. We seem to play pretty good when it gets cold out. Especially with our resurgent running game.

Coaches already have them outdoors.

Reactions: nu greek
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT