ADVERTISEMENT

Mock NFL Draft 2.0

purplebirder

May 29, 2001
Tucson AZ
In today's Chicago Tribune (4/18) , Brad Biggs predicts that both Rashawn Slater (Carolina Panthers) and Greg Newsome (NY Jets) will be drafted in the first round.

Reactions: drewjin
Not exactly news around these boards. But it will be thrilling when it finally happens.

Newsome was a relative unknown a few months ago. Then draftniks started looking at tape and singing his praises. Then he aced his pro day workout and people really took notice. Now the draft media has him all spun up.

I doubt NFL GMs have changed their opinion of him much lately. I think they would have had him high on their boards after his pro day eliminated any doubts about his athleticism. His game tape doesn’t leave much to the imagination about his technique.

In today's Chicago Tribune (4/18) , Brad Biggs predicts that both Rashawn Slater (Carolina Panthers) and Greg Newsome (NY Jets) will be drafted in the first round.
In a similar piece, the Houston Chronicle's long-time NFL pundit, John McLain, also has the two Cats going in the 1st found. Slater to Chargers and Newsome to Bears! We shall see.

Reactions: drewjin
Two in the first round would be unprecedented for Northwestern, right? Another feather in Fitz's cap.

There is a mock draft in The Athletic today that has Newsome going 16th to Arizona.....

"Provided that teams are satisfied with Newsome’s health — he missed time during each of his three college seasons — his tape and testing deserve top-20 consideration. Malcolm Butler’s only in Arizona on a one-year deal. Newsome could be the long-term Patrick Peterson replacement."

There is a mock draft in The Athletic today that has Newsome going 16th to Arizona.....

"Provided that teams are satisfied with Newsome’s health — he missed time during each of his three college seasons — his tape and testing deserve top-20 consideration. Malcolm Butler’s only in Arizona on a one-year deal. Newsome could be the long-term Patrick Peterson replacement."

Would not surprise me at all based on all the latest draft talk which I’ve Been following closely. He seems destined to go in the teens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT