ADVERTISEMENT

More venting for Lou V...

RhabdoWildcat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2009
Can we somehow get our initials changed to NU instead of NW on the Rivals page?

I keep staring at the "NW vs Mich" score box on our front page. We complain incessantly about other fans using NW yet on our own Rivals page, ESPN, etc. it stays NW all the time.

Can we somehow get our initials changed to NU instead of NW on the Rivals page?

I keep staring at the "NW vs Mich" score box on our front page. We complain incessantly about other fans using NW yet on our own Rivals page, ESPN, etc. it stays NW all the time.

I remember requesting that years ago. I doubt that Rivals/Yahoo is going to change it because, unfortunately, it’s the abbreviation used by ESPN and just about everyone else.

I brought this up about "Mizzou" and "Mizz" being horribly inaccurate and I was told that's how the school wanted it. Your NW setting equates to UVM to identify Vermont.

NW is probably easier for an outsider to figure out

Except Vermont wants to be called "UVM". I have a nephew who goes there and that's what the kids call it.

Exactly! The University of Vermont is called "UVM", as opposed to UVA for the University of Virginia, or UVT, which might be confused with "Virginia Tech". It's been UVM for as long as I can remember and I'm a Green Mountain boy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT