ADVERTISEMENT

murray state vs marquette

Yep. I was just going to post about him. I think he will be a better pro than Zion.

Have you seen him play more than this one game? This is the first time I have seen him and I saw a lot of athlecism and a lot of potential but a long way to go to be a good NBA player. NBA point guards are licking their chops based on what I saw of him on the defensive end.

Have you seen him play more than this one game? This is the first time I have seen him and I saw a lot of athlecism and a lot of potential but a long way to go to be a good NBA player. NBA point guards are licking their chops based on what I saw of him on the defensive end.
I admit I haven't seen him before. But the kid can pass the ball and shoot it up.

He’s not an NBA PG save for more fluid, “run and gun” systems. Don’t think too many teams are signing up to hand him the ball to run the offense for 40+ minutes.

morrant has upper level hops and quickness...guess here is that thibodeau with three years could get him to play D

what wouldn't be an upgrade over Kris Dunn?

Kris Dunn is like my golf game....my beautiful shots are restricted to the last two holes and leave me believing I've got talent/ability that just needs to be developed a bit.
Nice analogy, Medill. Probably not far off. :(

most services have him as a top 3 pick with zion and RJ Barrett

Ok. Does that mean he is ready to play heavy minutes in the NBA at a high level? Not from what I saw today. Williamson is an instant impact player in the NBA. Morant is not.

Ok. Does that mean he is ready to play heavy minutes in the NBA at a high level? Not from what I saw today. Williamson is an instant impact player in the NBA. Morant is not.
Zion is an amazing college player. He is a physical freak. The NBA is full of physical freaks. Zion needs an outside shot to be a dominant NBA player.

Reactions: IGNORE
Zion is an amazing college player. He is a physical freak. The NBA is full of physical freaks. Zion needs an outside shot to be a dominant NBA player.

Zion is a different kind of physical freak. He is what you get if Charles Barkley and Larry Johnson had a baby.

I’m hoping the knicks get him if they do not get the first pick and Zion.

I wasn’t convinced at the beginning of the year, but I have seen him 3-4 times in the last month and I believe. He will be instant impact on the offensive end. we heard the same concerns on Trey Young and now he is the second best rookie in the NBA. This guy will score a lot for someone next year.

I wasn’t convinced at the beginning of the year, but I have seen him 3-4 times in the last month and I believe. He will be instant impact on the offensive end. we heard the same concerns on Trey Young and now he is the second best rookie in the NBA. This guy will score a lot for someone next year.
And he's only a Sophomore in college....a two-and-done.

Defensive end?? NBA???
I’m confused.

Woulda been really nice to have this Storm kid from Madison running the 1 for NU this year...

Defensive end?? NBA???
I’m confused.
Good call, Bwm. :D All kidding aside, though - and I don't have the actual stats to back this up - I do believe that NBA teams that advance deep into the playoffs generally have solid defenses, relative to the rest of the league. Don't think scoring is much of a problem for the Bulls, and their defense should get better with a healthy Wendell Carter protecting the rim next season.

Reactions: Bwm57 and corbi296
Good call, Bwm. :D All kidding aside, though - and I don't have the actual stats to back this up - I do believe that NBA teams that advance deep into the playoffs generally have solid defenses, relative to the rest of the league. Don't think scoring is much of a problem for the Bulls, and their defense should get better with a healthy Wendell Carter protecting the rim next season.
I don’t disagree that overall the NBA picks up (starts?) the defense in the playoffs.
I just wish that more teams would play defense all season long and not just in the playoffs.

In the department of posts that don’t age well.
He’s not an NBA PG save for more fluid, “run and gun” systems. Don’t think too many teams are signing up to hand him the ball to run the offense for 40+ minutes.

How do you like me now?

Dont you think all the pro sports have made their seasons soooo long that performance suffers....and in the NBA you just got to make it through,,,,,,an 100%, 100% of the time is really a hard gig

I don’t disagree that overall the NBA picks up (starts?) the defense in the playoffs.
I just wish that more teams would play defense all season long and not just in the playoffs.
I think with the exception of a few superstars who can get away with not playing defense during the regular season, NBA players work hard on the defensive end these days. It's just that almost everybody in the NBA can score at a high level. It's not like in college where you might have a couple players on the floor who are not a threat offensively. Good defense does not beat good offense in basketball. There are some really good college players that can't play in the NBA because they are defensive liabilities. That's one reason why I think Shurna couldn't make an NBA roster (and he was a fine defender in college).

ADVERTISEMENT