ADVERTISEMENT

My comments from section 130*

phatcat

Nov 5, 2001
Wisconsin
*I am not an analyst, so don't expect depth.

I decided at 330 to buy a ticket on stubhub and drove down immediately from Wisconsin. Mrs. and daughter phat weren't interested.

- MN is not good. This was a great, satisfying, cathartic win, but I am not yet giddy. Nevertheless,
- The team has heart and grit. Even not including the dog crap from this summer, there was a ton of adversity. Gift TD after TO, excruciating penalties after long gains. Critical missed tackles
- The turning point in the game was when Bryant stepped into the phone booth and put on his superhero costume. QB play is so critical in CFB, even in the run-dominated B1G and he simply willed the team down the field. He was pedestrian for a long time (3.5 games, in fact) then he blew up. Even after his long pass to Kirtz, many (including me) were grumbling about why the coaches were sticking with him. He showed the leadership that we expect from a sixth year player.
- LMAO at the poor doofus that stood in the end zone for the last punt, allowing a touchback.
- The lines played better. Maybe because of the level of competition, but MN is probably about at RU level. Bryant didn't have a ton of time and Cam P had to create a lot himself (plus holding penalties). We gave up a lot of yards rushing and couldn't touch zach galifianakis. But it was a ton of improvement on both sides. Remember, we had like 140 yards offense v Rutgers until late garbage time drive
- my kingdom for a punter. I guess he didn't kill us.
- I've been a Bryce Kirtz fan since he signed with us. It was so cool seeing him have this huge game.
- regardless of your position on fitz, I will never forgive him for losing to flim flam fleck on my daughter's wedding day, thereby ensuring that he got a p5 job. otherwise, he's just another 11-2 MAC coach and goes to San Diego State or something. Now I have to look at the most punchable face in college football every season. It would be delicious irony if this loss causes his team to begin a death spiral that leads to his dismissal.
- I f***ing love our stadium. Soggy hot dogs, small crowds, awful sound system and music, inexplicable plumbing problem in the restroom, water (?) all over the floor. My heart skips a beat when I see the towers. I love it. I wonder if its dilapidated nature is a bit of a home field advantage. Hell, our guys only have to go over there like for 5 hours, 7 days a year. Visiting fans complain, perhaps it discourages them from coming. Maybe it's good for visiting fans and players to have a miserable experience.
- it's only one game, but...we can speculate, right? If they somehow win 5 games with all that is going on, Braun is in Dennis Green territory.

Thank you for this post, great notes. Glad you decided to make it; that 4th quarter was probably the best home experience our fans have had in years no doubt.

If Braun gets to 5 wins, that should be enough to go bowling. Should be an extra slot or two for 5-7 teams and we'd have top APR for available teams.

Great report! Enjoyed reading it. I also hold bitterness that we lost to Fleck’s WMU because of our annual early season ineptitude. All because of a goal line fumble but it shouldn’t have been that close. But I digress. It’s been painful to lose to the Fleck Gophers several times I am glad to see Braun and these kids get it done in CLASSIC Cardiac Cat fashion. Minny may not prove to be as good this year but they still have a punishing running game, and we didn’t let them run the clock out on us. And with how weak the West is I’m sure they will still make a bowl.

Reactions: zeek55
I was also in Section 130. I love the stadium the way it is, too. I saw the water on the floor in the bathroom. On another night, I might have gutted it out, but I turned around and went to another one on the lower level that was dry.

Two sweet victories in one night 🥳.

If Braun wins 5 games he will get Nation al Coach of the Year votes.

Reactions: phatcat
*I am not an analyst, so don't expect depth.

I decided at 330 to buy a ticket on stubhub and drove down immediately from Wisconsin. Mrs. and daughter phat weren't interested.

- MN is not good. This was a great, satisfying, cathartic win, but I am not yet giddy. Nevertheless,
- The team has heart and grit. Even not including the dog crap from this summer, there was a ton of adversity. Gift TD after TO, excruciating penalties after long gains. Critical missed tackles
- The turning point in the game was when Bryant stepped into the phone booth and put on his superhero costume. QB play is so critical in CFB, even in the run-dominated B1G and he simply willed the team down the field. He was pedestrian for a long time (3.5 games, in fact) then he blew up. Even after his long pass to Kirtz, many (including me) were grumbling about why the coaches were sticking with him. He showed the leadership that we expect from a sixth year player.
- LMAO at the poor doofus that stood in the end zone for the last punt, allowing a touchback.
- The lines played better. Maybe because of the level of competition, but MN is probably about at RU level. Bryant didn't have a ton of time and Cam P had to create a lot himself (plus holding penalties). We gave up a lot of yards rushing and couldn't touch zach galifianakis. But it was a ton of improvement on both sides. Remember, we had like 140 yards offense v Rutgers until late garbage time drive
- my kingdom for a punter. I guess he didn't kill us.
- I've been a Bryce Kirtz fan since he signed with us. It was so cool seeing him have this huge game.
- regardless of your position on fitz, I will never forgive him for losing to flim flam fleck on my daughter's wedding day, thereby ensuring that he got a p5 job. otherwise, he's just another 11-2 MAC coach and goes to San Diego State or something. Now I have to look at the most punchable face in college football every season. It would be delicious irony if this loss causes his team to begin a death spiral that leads to his dismissal.
- I f***ing love our stadium. Soggy hot dogs, small crowds, awful sound system and music, inexplicable plumbing problem in the restroom, water (?) all over the floor. My heart skips a beat when I see the towers. I love it. I wonder if its dilapidated nature is a bit of a home field advantage. Hell, our guys only have to go over there like for 5 hours, 7 days a year. Visiting fans complain, perhaps it discourages them from coming. Maybe it's good for visiting fans and players to have a miserable experience.
- it's only one game, but...we can speculate, right? If they somehow win 5 games with all that is going on, Braun is in Dennis Green territory.
The real issue here is your daughter getting married on a ‘Cats Saturday!

We try to teach them right and wrong, but in the end they make their own decisions.
Apparently not taught very well. Especially if he was expected to pay for the wedding

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT