ADVERTISEMENT

My conversation with Brendan Sullivan

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I had a conversation with Brendan Sullivan last night. That kid is in a tough spot.

His original plan was to play his senior year and then enroll early at NU. Now that the state of Michigan has postponed football until the spring, he has to decide whether to stay in high school and play in the spring, or get started on his college career. Of course, there are no guarantees that there will even be a spring season in Michigan. Or the Big Ten, for that matter.

Compounding the issue is the fact that Davison is the defending Michigan Division I state champion, and he thinks they will be even better this season. So he has a shot at a second ring. Plus, there's the fact that he's been playing with most of his teammates for 10 years and they are his closest friends.

On the flip side, if he enrolls early, he has a ton of questions that are so far unanswered about scholarship numbers, ability to play games in the spring and retain his redshirt, when his eligibility clock will start, etc.

He says this is a way more difficult decision than choosing Northwestern. And the kid hasn't even had a chance to visit NU yet! He was hoping to do that this fall, too, but who knows when he's going to get a chance now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News