ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Garrett

docrugby1

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2010
I am not sure anyone has commented on the suspension of Myles Garrett, after he clubbed Mason Rudolph with Rudolph's helmet.

Garrett may have ended Trevor S career with a horrible late hit. He had an earlier roughing penalty in that game. He was fined for each of these hits,

He has now been suspended indefinitely after the latest incident.

In rugby cheapshots are rare because retaliation is inevitable. I would think Garretts knees will be the target of a few blindside crackbacks when he returns next year

Reactions: Titanium999
Um... It started as simple roughing the passer cause Garrett still thought Rudolph had the ball. Rudolph then tried to yank Garrett’s helmet off first, kicked him in the nuts, and then tried to punch him in the nuts after they were already separated by P-Burgh lineman. I’m not condoning Garrett’s attack response by any means, but Rudolph is the coward and not blameless. Mess with the bull, get the horns. If he wasn’t a QB and dare say not Caucasian, the NFL would have suspended him for a couple of games as well.

Reactions: julescat
Um... It started as simple roughing the passer cause Garrett still thought Rudolph had the ball. Rudolph then tried to yank Garrett’s helmet off first, kicked him in the nuts, and then tried to punch him in the nuts after they were already separated by P-Burgh lineman. I’m not condoning Garrett’s attack response by any means, but Rudolph is the coward and not blameless. Mess with the bull, get the horns. If he wasn’t a QB and dare say not Caucasian, the NFL would have suspended him for a couple of games as well.
Sally was raped, but she had it coming because she flirted with Johnny. If she didn’t ware that short skirt, she never would have attracted that attention.

Last edited:
I think the reason the call it "playing the race card" is because someone is always in a race to use it

Dude- Garrett hit a guy in the head with a helmet.

Dude- Garrett hit a guy in the head with a helmet.
It was an awful take. Rudolph got driven into the ground after he ball was long gone. Third straight sack and a dirty hit to start with. Of course, he got pissed.

saying he punched him in the nuts and only got off because he is a QB and white is silly in this case. The things people will defend!

Garrett is simply very fortunate that his aim with that helmet wasn’t better. Plenty of damage can be done when the head is inside the helmet. He could easily have seriously injured Randolph with that deadly weapon.

Read and comprehend. I’m not defending Garrett. He deserves what he got. There’s an actual NFL rule that covers trying to hit a player with his own helmet. Garrett probably deserves missing games next season as well, if he even gets reinstated.

Rudolph deserves something too. The fight never would have gotten to helmet swinging if he didn’t do what he did initially and after. In a fight both parties are guilty. It’s not about self defense when it’s the NFL.

The rape analogy is ridiculous and you should quit the internet.

Of the 4 fight participants, the only one not suspended was white and he was the instigator.

Justice was only partially served.

Reactions: BFDCat

Holy shit. He just came right out and said it.

Reactions: nugnrfan82
Read and comprehend. I’m not defending Garrett. He deserves what he got. There’s an actual NFL rule that covers trying to hit a player with his own helmet. Garrett probably deserves missing games next season as well, if he even gets reinstated.

Rudolph deserves something too. The fight never would have gotten to helmet swinging if he didn’t do what he did initially and after. In a fight both parties are guilty. It’s not about self defense when it’s the NFL.

The rape analogy is ridiculous and you should quit the internet.

Of the 4 fight participants, the only one not suspended was white and he was the instigator.

Justice was only partially served.

Holy shit he doubled down.

It’s a violent game but it clearly went beyond the rules. It should have been about de-escalating after the roughing the passer but Rudolph threw 4 picks and wouldn’t let it go. Two of his teammates went out with concussions and maybe he wanted a little payback.
It’s about personal responsibility. Garrett will pay the price but unless Rudolph’s supposed fine is meaningful, he basically is escaping any fault in contributing to and escalating the melee. Starting something you can’t finish is never a good idea. Guess Mason felt entitled to get in a few cheap licks and didn’t foresee the consequences of messing around with someone more physical.
If the NFL wants to clean up its image and protect players, it needs to mete out justice fairly to dissuade all parties from crossing the line. And for those clamoring for legal action, here’s an interesting read:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/15/myles-garrett-mason-rudolph-browns-steelers-fight-legal-fallout

Reactions: drewjin
I will take “Racially Charged Speculative Ad Hominem Narratives” for $10,000, Alex.
Stupid take from the get go. I can post a lot of links that actually show the whole play and lot more from former players saying Garrett deserves everything he gets. The race implication is silly. Would DeSean Watson get punishment if acted like Rudolph? Of course not, and he shouldn’t. He calls Rudolph a coward because of what? Getting slammed in the ground and going after Garrett, which is certainly understandable.

Garrett's a thug. That's his history. The shots on Siemian were out of bounds. Hitting someone with a helmet is a written in stone no-no. The suspension was completely called for. If a normal scuffle maybe Rudolph gets a fine but Garrett's behavior plus others kind of took the air out of that.

Reactions: drewjin
Stupid take from the get go. I can post a lot of links that actually show the whole play and lot more from former players saying Garrett deserves everything he gets. The race implication is silly. Would DeSean Watson get punishment if acted like Rudolph? Of course not, and he shouldn’t. He calls Rudolph a coward because of what? Getting slammed in the ground and going after Garrett, which is certainly understandable.
Not to mention that the NFL is very touchy about quarterbacks and protecting them. They are the game’s biggest stars and the hardest position to play. You cannot mess with quarterbacks in the League, regardless of their skin color.

Reactions: ricko654321
Story tonight on Fox News where the commentator covers the Garrett/Rudolph incident. In discussing Garrett, he mentions the late hit that ended Siemian’s season. Sadly, the commentator was not an NU football fan and could not pronounce Trevor’s last name correctly.

...Although he did suggest a few plays we could work into this year’s offensive scheme...

Reactions: ricko654321
Story tonight on Fox News where the commentator covers the Garrett/Rudolph incident. In discussing Garrett, he mentions the late hit that ended Siemian’s season. Sadly, the commentator was not an NU football fan and could not pronounce Trevor’s last name correctly.

...Although he did suggest a few plays we could work into this year’s offensive scheme...

I say develop some forward passing plays.

It was an awful take. Rudolph got driven into the ground after he ball was long gone. Third straight sack and a dirty hit to start with. Of course, he got pissed.

saying he punched him in the nuts and only got off because he is a QB and white is silly in this case. The things people will defend!
What, has professional football become professional wrestling? If so, it's got a great future.

Rudolph was fined. He wasn’t suspended (even tho he clearly started it) because imagine how bad a look for the NFL it would be after that concussion hit he took to suspend the guy after taking a helmet hit to the head. Yes, let’s suspend the guy who got hit. He is at fault partially but the person who retaliates always gets caught. Also Garrett escalated that situation like crazy.

I don’t believe for a second that Garrett thought Rudolph still had the ball when he made that tackle. After he makes the tackle he keeps holding on, that’s what starts everything.

Garrett's a thug. That's his history. The shots on Siemian were out of bounds. Hitting someone with a helmet is a written in stone no-no. The suspension was completely called for. If a normal scuffle maybe Rudolph gets a fine but Garrett's behavior plus others kind of took the air out of that.
I do not think he was condoning what Garrett did (and with a history such as his, the league was forced to do something pretty dramatic), but only that Rudolf should have received a suspension as well because of his actions. The reasons he was are not what is in question. Likely reason was that he was QB and what he did was less visible and apparent to everyone where the would have been forced to act. What is in question was the statement that it was because he is white.

I do not think he was condoning what Garrett did (and with a history such as his, the league was forced to do something pretty dramatic), but only that Rudolf should have received a suspension as well because of his actions. The reasons he was are not what is in question. Likely reason was that he was QB and what he did was less visible and apparent to everyone where the would have been forced to act. What is in question was the statement that it was because he is white.
Then completely after the fact there were allegations of Rudolph using a racial slur. The NFL investigated this and found no evidence that this occurred.

so Rudolph gets slammed into the ground well after he released the ball, gets whacked upside the head with a helmet and gets accused of being a racist! That’s a rough snap.

Being a racist is disgusting, but making up untrue crap to paint someone as a racist is disgusting too. Takes like Rudolph only got off because he is white just add fuel to false claims as it becomes an excuse for unacceptable actions.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Yes you are condoning it.

You/Garrett -10
All fair minded people/reason +10

yes he was. He has lost his way.

No, Turk. Read what I wrote. I’m not condoning Garrett’s response. And his punishment is deserved. The indefinite part is mostly for NFL show. I’m saying Rudolph needs more punishment than a fine. Especially for what he did to start and escalate the fight and what he probably said. Garrett even alluded to Rudolph saying something controversial in the presser after the game and then in what was supposed to be a private appeal meeting. The NFL double standard for Rudolph and Pouncey is shady. League wants to send a message, fine, but the NFL did it partially.

ADVERTISEMENT