ADVERTISEMENT

Nagel in NFLPA Bowl. Why not wearing an NU helmet?

DarthCat

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
I didn’t see it myself, and my son only saw tweets on his phone. But he was irritated Nagel was apparently wearing a black and green helmet? Can anyone confirm/correct?

I didn’t see it myself, and my son only saw tweets on his phone. But he was irritated Nagel was apparently wearing a black and green helmet? Can anyone confirm/correct?

He was wearing an NU helmet. As is tradition at some of these All Star games, players add stickers to their helmets representing the schools of some of their teammates for the game.

Look, NU had 9 different helmets this year and Fitz lets them wear any uniform or helmet they think is cool. This is a commercial product now with no allegiances to school colors. Thus, Nagel is just being an individual. Not saying I agree with all of the different colors and helmets, but this is nothing new after the school took the money from under armor?

Look, NU had 9 different helmets this year and Fitz lets them wear any uniform or helmet they think is cool. This is a commercial product now with no allegiances to school colors. Thus, Nagel is just being an individual. Not saying I agree with all of the different colors and helmets, but this is nothing new after the school took the money from under armor?

You act like NU is the only school that does this.

YEP had the NU hat on with other stickers over.....saw a lot of players wearing helmets with the NU N worn side ways so it looked like a Z.....boys just having fun

Reactions: NUCat320
You act like NU is the only school that does this.
Just making a statement, that's all. It's more of a Big Ten thing is my guess. NU is a part of the entire UA contract with the BigTen I think.
Whatever the case, there is so much money flowing in the NCAA now that imo players should be paid or there should be some compensation. I think it's narrow minded for some to say that "Well, they are getting a degree". A lot of money flowing and my guess is that prime sideline seats at Ryan Field may have a fee + ticket cost, like basketball within the next few years.

Just making a statement, that's all. It's more of a Big Ten thing is my guess. NU is a part of the entire UA contract with the BigTen I think.
Whatever the case, there is so much money flowing in the NCAA now that imo players should be paid or there should be some compensation. I think it's narrow minded for some to say that "Well, they are getting a degree". A lot of money flowing and my guess is that prime sideline seats at Ryan Field may have a fee + ticket cost, like basketball within the next few years.

You think wrong. Again.

Turk, that is forever your dodge. You make constant negative claims or bring up negative aspects about the NU program (however slight) and then throw your hands up in the air as if to say "Hey! Don't shoot the messenger--I'm just making an observation!"

Your act is readily transparent.

I believe you think you are more clever than the rest of us on here, but I assure you that you are not.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Turk, that is forever your dodge. You make constant negative claims or bring up negative aspects about the NU program (however slight) and then throw your hands up in the air as if to say "Hey! Don't shoot the messenger--I'm just making an observation!"

Your act is readily transparent.

I believe you think you are more clever than the rest of us on here, but I assure you that you are not.
I think you are wrong on all accounts. And I don't constantly make negative remarks. Mostly I compliment the program in many different ways. But I do make comments that are inconvenient as well for some of you. I'm not the one who brought this thread up, but I'm the guy in the coffee shop who isn't afraid to expand on the conversation. Just because I've given and am in "Tier 1" doesn't mean I kiss butt or consider anything in the NU program on Holy Ground. And neither do I 'want' anything from this program. I don't have to shake hands. I'm just here because I like the football team, and basketball team.
I took no oaths but don't ever interpret that to mean that I don't have purple blood. The inconvenient truth is that there is some bull crap involved with the program, it's not perfect and neither are its coaches.

I think you are wrong on all accounts. And I don't constantly make negative remarks. Mostly I compliment the program in many different ways. But I do make comments that are inconvenient as well for some of you. I'm not the one who brought this thread up, but I'm the guy in the coffee shop who isn't afraid to expand on the conversation. Just because I've given and am in "Tier 1" doesn't mean I kiss butt or consider anything in the NU program on Holy Ground. And neither do I 'want' anything from this program. I don't have to shake hands. I'm just here because I like the football team, and basketball team.
I took no oaths but don't ever interpret that to mean that I don't have purple blood. The inconvenient truth is that there is some bull crap involved with the program, it's not perfect and neither are its coaches.
Turk, any free giveaways this year to a father and son team? I appreciate your previous free courtside seat giveaways.

The inconvenient truth is that there is some bull crap involved with the program, it's not perfect and neither are its coaches.
People aren’t perfect? Somebody alert the authorities!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT