ADVERTISEMENT

Name your favorite random Wildcat

Mine is Doug Szymul.
My other one is Jeravin Matthews.

Went to a game with Doug a handful of years back in Iowa City. The Cats got absolutely destroyed 48-7. We were down 17-0 ten minutes into the game and 38-7 at halftime. He and I sat in a sea of black and gold and could really just make jokes about how bad it was...Doug is a great guy. Despite the result, had a good time at the game.

Reactions: nu greek and pdp98
8-9-10. Most underrated receiver corps ever.

They were all pretty equally dangerous, so it wasn’t an offense where you could take one guy away and force us to go to backup options. We also had Tyrell Sutton in the backfield. A lot of tough choices for a defense there.

Tyrone Gooch!! He averaged over 100yd / game - mostly running in place or sideways!

Ed Sutter - throwback linebacker....and punter!

Also ‘Lenny To Benny’ were a thing of beauty: Len Williams to Mark Benson.

Almost forgot Pat Wright. He was barely 5’ 6”, but he could play! Baseball letterman too if my memory serves.

Last edited:
MUUUUUSOOOO
Will never forget the hit Musso took on a punt return against Ohio U. Signaled for a fair catch and the Ohio guy just destroyed him. One of the hardest (and most illegal) hits I’ve ever seen. Musso was one tough hombre.

Noah Herron..enjoyed his “will play rocks paper scissors to send whoever to the hospital” quote

Forgot the name but the RB way back that said Fitz hates Iowa in a vid.... now I remember Adonis Smith

Last edited:
Reactions: Medill '03
Who was the receiver who wore #1 that came out of nowhere to have a huge season as a junior, also Baz’s junior season.

Had 100+ (200+?) yards in the season opener when Huffman missed all those kicks against TCU.

I liked that guy.

(Yes, I could’ve looked it up in the time it took to write this, but that’s the fun of this thread.)

Ray Robey

nov-1995-ray-robey-of-the-northwestern-wildcats-pushes-the-line-a-picture-id72352712

Who was the receiver who wore #1 that came out of nowhere to have a huge season as a junior, also Baz’s junior season.

Had 100+ (200+?) yards in the season opener when Huffman missed all those kicks against TCU.

I liked that guy.

(Yes, I could’ve looked it up in the time it took to write this, but that’s the fun of this thread.)

Not Zeke Markshausen, who paired up with Kafka to do the same, but he deserves mention in a thread like this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT