ADVERTISEMENT

NC Games: Everyone is Always "Chalk....Except us"

wildcatcoaster

Oct 27, 2003
Yes there are exceptions like Wisky last year but holy smokes, most BT teams take care of business against random NC foes. Noone seems to have the same number of SIU, ISU, Army, New Hampshire, etc. (and many more that I can't count and don't want to recall) meltdowns that the cats do, even when we are half decent and beat rock solid teams later in the year. If the new administration can even fix that significant blemish on Fitz's generally impressive resume it will be much appreciated.

Yes there are exceptions like Wisky last year but holy smokes, most BT teams take care of business against random NC foes. Noone seems to have the same number of SIU, ISU, Army, New Hampshire, etc. (and many more that I can't count and don't want to recall) meltdowns that the cats do, even when we are half decent and beat rock solid teams later in the year. If the new administration can even fix that significant blemish on Fitz's generally impressive resume it will be much appreciated.
OK I didn't see the Purdue Fresno State meltdown :)

Reactions: rmndcat and 4IUSox2
What an awful week of college football. There were only a handful of P5 games that were watchable.

The yearly upset. After further review, it wasn’t quite as frequent as I thought. Some noticeable gaps. But somehow the surprise losses do seem excessive. The Illinois State loss is probably the most puzzling.

1995 Miami. Good opponent, but we ran the Big Ten table and found a way to lose this one.

1996 Wake Forest. They were 3-8 and won only one more game after this NU meltdown.

1998 Duke. A 44-10 evisceration by a mediocre Duke team.

2000 Iowa. Big Ten co-champions, totally dominated by 3-8 Iowa.

2001 Bowling Green. NU gives away a 29 point 4th quarter

2006 UNH. Blown out at Ryan Field

2007 Duke. Home field loss for Duke’s only victory. We wanted to keep the all time D1 losing streak record.

2011 Army. Bowl Bound Cats spanked by a 3-9 Army team.

2016 Western Michigan. Upset or not? Western Michigan only lost one all season. We turned our season around and beat Pitt- the only team to hang a loss on national champion Clemson.

2016 Illinois State. Losing to the 6-6 FCS Redbirds made it look like this was going to be a long season.

2017 Duke. 10-3 Cats completely eviscerated by a 7-6 Duke team.

2018 Akron. Big 10 West champs spanked at home by a 4-8 Zip squad.

2022 SIU. Home loss to mediocre FCS 5-6 Salukis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT