ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Field Hockey Thread

3 (NU, Maryland, Penn State) of 4 field hockey semi-finalists from B10.
True, but the non Big Ten team, North Carolina, will probably be favored to win it. They are undefeated and have a player who is probably the best in the country. Of course, it would be great to beat them.

1-0 at the half.

UNC has had 4 corners (one which led to their goal), NU with 0. It looked like NU would have their first corner with 3 seconds left in the half, but then UNC appealed and won the appeal.

Agreed, Chores. Cats kept it close to the end. It was apparent throughout the game that there was a reason NC was undefeated and ranked #1. At one point they had 10 shots on goal to our one. Our defense kept us in the game. As I told my son watching with me: if we can get it to an OT shoot-out, I like our chances. Alas…

Agreed with all the above - tenacious and relentless effort throughout the post season for the cats. Would like to see how the game would have played out under normal conditions with a traditional water treated surface. The tarheels looked a step or two quicker and that speed seemed to give them a significantly advantage in field play with the fast turf. Admittedly, may not have made a difference as NC seemed to also have more depth with above average stick skills. Reminds me of the early years of the KAH run when we had a few horses and could challenge the perennial powers by changing the style of play on the field.

Exciting times ahead for the the field hockey program! Congrats on another great season!

Go Cats!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT