ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA, Wrestling this week! Go Wildcats!

Titanium999

Jan 16, 2014
Let's finish top ten! Good luck to all our guys wrestling which begins Thursday on ESPN!

Deakin lost in OT! Needs to fight back for third!
He seems to really tighten up in the matches that matter - B10 tourney and NCAAs. Lost to two kids he crushed in regular season. Lets see if he can just let it go and beat the Lehigh kid. If not, he is going to have problems ever getting on the podium, IMO.

Tough loss for Rivera for sure, but that's a weight where 5 guys could have won the title. Great season for both and let's hope Sebastian and Ryan cap it with two more wins today to get 3rds

Looks like a top 20 finish! Congrats! Glad to see Deakin wrestle tough yesterday and AA! I wish we had Johnny Sebastian and Yayha Thomas healthy. We would have had a few more points for sure.

Yeah, Mueller dropped down and has that famous "man-strength"! So glad to see Deakin wrestle like he can. Hidlay will be very tough but he beat him in freestyle.

I want to see Rivera beat Piccinni and Deakin beat Young. Hidley is very solid. He was in the finals last year.

Sorry - but that's what I hear. Maybe it's just the people I talk to, but I know a former Michigan AA who always told me he thought NU did not develop it's kids to their potential. In any case, this was a disappointing post season all in all.
NU has one of the best,if not the best, coaching staff in the country. Jennings almost AAed and was an engineering major. His dad was my teammate. Bright engineering student also who placed top three in the Big Tens a few times. We have smart, classy kids! All of them.

Sorry - but that's what I hear. Maybe it's just the people I talk to, but I know a former Michigan AA who always told me he thought NU did not develop it's kids to their potential. In any case, this was a disappointing post season all in all.

Princeton finishes at 15. On the one hand, similar academic pressures. On the other, Ivies not comparable to B1G schedule. So, agree: a disappointing tournament season.

Reactions: Colonel Kong
Princeton finishes at 15. On the one hand, similar academic pressures. On the other, Ivies not comparable to B1G schedule. So, agree: a disappointing tournament season.

I'd agree that it was slightly disappointing. Certainly wouldn't say it was awful. Can't say that with 2 AAs. But yes, we can't finish behind Cornell, Lehigh, and Princeton, and then use academics as a crutch. Academics should be a strength in such a disciplined sport.,

Finishing at 22 as a team has to be seen as a disappointment as a TEAM - injuries and depth keep us from going higher.

Reactions: NorthNJCatsfan
NU has one of the best,if not the best, coaching staff in the country. Jennings almost AAed and was an engineering major. His dad was my teammate. Bright engineering student also who placed top three in the Big Tens a few times. We have smart, classy kids! All of them.
No question we have some good, bright kids. Rivera is from my sons conference and one of the recruits wrestled on his youth team, so I know the type of kids we get. But best staff in the country? If Deakin had the PSU staff, no way he loses to Young twice, Bleise, etc. IMO.

Reactions: Titanium999
Yes, but being honest, the academic pressure is quite a bit greater at Princeton.

With Thomas at 49,Davison at 97, Jesson at 84. And possibly the Florida kid at 65, Moreland moving up to 74! That is easily a top ten team. The new kid coming in from Kansas is very tough and can go 74 too. We need a 41 lber

Reactions: Colonel Kong
With Thomas at 49,Davison at 97, Jesson at 84. And possibly the Florida kid at 65, Moreland moving up to 74! That is easily a top ten team. The new kid coming in from Kansas is very tough and can go 74 too. We need a 41 lber
You are an optimist. Hope you are right, but aside from Rivera, Deakin, and Davison, I haven't seen it.

Jennings wasn’t even close. He lost to two guys who didn’t AA. He was 2 wins away from placing. I mean it’s closer than guys who didn’t win a match at NCAAs but don’t tell me he was close.

Reactions: Titanium999
Johnny Sebastian,if healthy,can AA next year. A big if as he is have a couple shoulder procedures. Great kid! Hope he finds a good place!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT