ADVERTISEMENT

Need new blood

xxjfgxx

Jan 7, 2012
Next year can’t come soon enough. The Mac show is getting stale.

Nice track record of disparaging our student-athletes. The only time xxjfgxx EVER posts is to criticize Thorson or McIntosh. Nice.

We can still do it. The BIG might be even worse this year, than last year’s historical low point.

It’s gonna be tough though to get the rpi up. Weak noncon sos, combined with a weak BIG, then throw in zero quality wins through half a season.

We need to climb about 50 slots and after we play Brown, we will enter BIG needing to pass about 75 teams.

And without Sanjay and Tap, this just ain’t the same team.

And next year we might be back in the BIG basement.

We can still do it. The BIG might be even worse this year, than last year’s historical low point.

It’s gonna be tough though to get the rpi up. Weak noncon sos, combined with a weak BIG, then throw in zero quality wins through half a season.

We need to climb about 50 slots and after we play Brown, we will enter BIG needing to pass about 75 teams.

Lol RPI. And I will certainly board ban wager you that we will NOT be in the BIG basement next year, as much as you would love that to happen.

Lol RPI. And I will certainly board ban wager you that we will NOT be in the BIG basement next year, as much as you would love that to happen.

I’m not following you. RPI. Ya know, the single most relevant metric on selection Sunday? We’ve been through this. I thought you had googled it. It takes all the mystery out of all those random teams they put in the tourney every year.

By basement, I don’t meal dead last necessarily (the BIG is a watered down league now). I mean bottom 4 or so.

But I hope these seniors can go out with an NIT trip this year.

I’m not following you. RPI. Ya know, the single most relevant metric on selection Sunday? We’ve been through this. I thought you had googled it. It takes all the mystery out of all those random teams they put in the tourney every year.

By basement, I don’t meal dead last necessarily (the BIG is a watered down league now). I mean bottom 4 or so.

But I hope these seniors can go out with an NIT trip this year.

I Googled it last time you brought up this nonsense. Here is what I found.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/13/...-a-seat-at-the-selection-committee-table.html
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...election-committee-to-talk-analytics-process/
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-ncaa-is-modernizing-the-way-it-picks-march-madness-teams/

I don't think you can blame the loss of Sanjay and Tap as much as the lack of progression from BMac and Lindsey. I'm sure they worked hard in the off season but it didn't work.

Nest year?? If we can't win with basically the team we had last year, how the heck are we going to win with a new young team? It will take at least two to three years to get back to being competitive in the B1G. Unless, absolutely great recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT