ADVERTISEMENT

Never Prouder to be a Northwestern Wildcat!

Titanium999

Jan 16, 2014
Wrassler lettered as a true frosh on a top 20 nationally ranked wrestling team!
I’ve never been more proud of Northwestern! We do it the right way! Disregard all this banter about firing coaches! We are an elite school 🏫 with elite professionals on staff!
I’m proud of all the players and coaches! One can learn about the true character of people when one is suffering! Go Cats!

I’ve never been more proud of Northwestern! We do it the right way! Disregard all this banter about firing coaches! We are an elite school 🏫 with elite professionals on staff!
I’m proud of all the players and coaches! One can learn about the true character of people when one is suffering! Go Cats!
Wrassler,
Noble sentiments. But with last year and this year, and many other years of NU football suffering I’m tired of opportunities for character studies. I want some W’s.

Let some other fan bases build character by suffering through rotten seasons

Are you suffering again? I hope not.

I just heard a story about Fitz which I’d love to share but I can’t. I don’t have permission. That said, I know for a fact it’s true. Suffice it to say that Fitz is a very good man who puts his players’ welfare above his own.

I just heard a story about Fitz which I’d love to share but I can’t. I don’t have permission. That said, I know for a fact it’s true. Suffice it to say that Fitz is a very good man who puts his players’ welfare above his own.
Yes, unless he puts them at a disadvantage due to bad coaching.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
In my 35 years since graduating Northwestern I have not been asked once about how many wins or losses I incurred while on a nationally ranked top 20 wrestling team. Truth is no one really cares, not your friends, nor employers! People care how you interact and treat others! For that, Fitz is the best coach in America!

In my 35 years since graduating Northwestern I have not been asked once about how many wins or losses I incurred while on a nationally ranked top 20 wrestling team. Truth is no one really cares, not your friends, nor employers! People care how you interact and treat others! For that, Fitz is the best coach in America!
Wrassler,

I believe you are missing the point of this entire board. We’re not here in search of the next Nobel Peace Prize winner, Mother Theresa, St. Francis of Assisi or even Joan of Arc.

We want wins and at the same time we want to watch those sob’s from the other schools file out of Ryan Field disconsolate, quiet, humbled while we celebrate a win. Nothing better for an NU fan to have our team shut up those red dressed hordes who try to make our home feel like their home.

Your ideals as a student athlete are different than ours as fanatics. We want bragging rights you sought a life enhancing experience.

Wrassler,

Your ideals as a student athlete are different than ours as fanatics. We want bragging rights you sought a life enhancing experience.
Sorry, but I want both. I cheer for the Wildcats because of those things you don’t seem to appreciate enough. (If I’m misreading you, I apologize.)

Sorry, but I want both. I cheer for the Wildcats because of those things you don’t seem to appreciate enough. (If I’m misreading you, I apologize.)
Stream,

I care about those things on a personal level in my live. I also care that NU runs a clean program that graduates it’s students thereby hopefully preparing them for fruitful, happy lives as citizens of the USA.

We’ve done these things in all the years when we’ve won, so I don’t believe winning and running a clean program are mutually exclusive.

The hundreds of millions to be spent for the new Ryan Field and the new place on the lake, the reportedly over 5 million a year Fitz is paid all that was done to run a clean program AND win.

The point Wrassler is making has, in my opinion, nothing to do with the laments over the state of the program and calls for changes in leadership. I don’t read all those critical posts as calling for a lowering of the personal standards Fitz brings to the program.

But if he is unable to right the ship in the next few years he will/should lose his job regardless of how successful he is doing on the personal level.

Reactions: drewjin
Obviously, you have no idea how all the other coaches in America interact and treat others. Your statement is just a homerism.

Fitz is the best. There isn't a nobody I would have rather had my son play for than Coach Fitz.

Reactions: Titanium999
Obviously, you have no idea how all the other coaches in America interact and treat others. Your statement is just a homerism.
I have a very good idea. My son had 22 offers and many other teams interested. He also went to IMG Academy and had many of his teammates tell him how other programs and coaches were. Coach Fitz is a man of honor and integrity. I would rather my son play for Cosch Fitz and not win one game in four years, then to go to other programs and win. There are some things I personally find more important than just winning games. Fitz treated my son as if he was his son. I never had to worry about my son while he was a Wildcat

I have a very good idea. My son had 22 offers and many other teams interested. He also went to IMG Academy and had many of his teammates tell him how other programs and coaches were. Coach Fitz is a man of honor and integrity. I would rather my son play for Cosch Fitz and not win one game in four years, then to go to other programs and win. There are some things I personally find more important than just winning games. Fitz treated my son as if he was his son. I never had to worry about my son while he was a Wildcat
Exactly! People have no idea! Fitz has an amazing football 🏈 IQ and easily would have been the coach at Michigan or Nebraska if he wanted, for money 💰 too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT