ADVERTISEMENT

New Commit: Class of 2021 QB

The tape looks good - a big, strong-armed young man who reminds me of Terry Bradshaw (how unfair is that - burdening a 16-17 year old kid with a comparison to a Hall of Famer?) or another Steeler, Ben Roethlisberger. He definitely has the size and the arm for the Big Ten and 247 touts his leadership qualities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebel_
The tape looks good - a big, strong-armed young man who reminds me of Terry Bradshaw (how unfair is that - burdening a 16-17 year old kid with a comparison to a Hall of Famer?). He definitely has the size and the arm for the Big Ten and 247 touts his leadership qualities.

Did we offer any of his wrs on hs team? They seemed to get some good separation- and every time they did Brendan lit them up with accurate throws! Like his tape!

The tape looks good - a big, strong-armed young man who reminds me of Terry Bradshaw (how unfair is that - burdening a 16-17 year old kid with a comparison to a Hall of Famer?) or another Steeler, Ben Roethlisberger. He definitely has the size and the arm for the Big Ten and 247 touts his leadership qualities.
Did you attend the slaughter that Ben Roeth. was responsible for by Miami(ohio) vs. Cats many years ago? If this kid is anywhere close to being that good, we got a gem. That game when Big Ben seemingly made every throw a completion was one of the worst Nu games that I ever saw. But Ben is more like 6'6" and 260lbs isn't he/and less mobile? Brendan's tape looks more like Mike Kafka's nu senior year. Yes? Just looks like it in my opinion. Anyhow, hope all works out and he plays well a lot for us soon.

I did a quick check on Michigan high school football. Brendan played in Division 1 which are the largest high schools. His team won the state championship, and in their 5 playoff games scored 35, 42, 35, 34(OT) and won the championship 35-25 in Ford Field in Detroit. So the offense could score some points with him at QB. Sullivan was 14-19 for 290 yards and a TD passing, and ran 10 times for 41 yards and 2 TDs in the championship game. Good resume for someone who was lightly recruited by Power 5 schools.

Did you attend the slaughter that Ben Roeth. was responsible for by Miami(ohio) vs. Cats many years ago? If this kid is anywhere close to being that good, we got a gem. That game when Big Ben seemingly made every throw a completion was one of the worst Nu games that I ever saw. But Ben is more like 6'6" and 260lbs isn't he/and less mobile? Brendan's tape looks more like Mike Kafka's nu senior year. Yes? Just looks like it in my opinion. Anyhow, hope all works out and he plays well a lot for us soon.

Sullivan is currently listed as 6-3 (but his coach talks of him being 6-4) and his dad is 6-7, so it's not a stretch, no pun intended, to project him to be 6-5 or 6-6 when he is done growing.

Reactions: mickbula
Sullivan is currently listed as 6-3 (but his coach talks of him being 6-4) and his dad is 6-7, so it's not a stretch, no pun intended, to project him to be 6-5 or 6-6 when he is done growing.
He looks large on the tape, even relative to some of the linemen. I see some things that a QB coach will want to work with him on, but there is no denying his arm strength. I am surprised he did not earn more Big Ten and other power 5 offers.

Big Ben has a solid 70-80 lbs on this kid. I like the Kafka comparison better.

I did a quick check on Michigan high school football. Brendan played in Division 1 which are the largest high schools. His team won the state championship, and in their 5 playoff games scored 35, 42, 35, 34(OT) and won the championship 35-25 in Ford Field in Detroit. So the offense could score some points with him at QB. Sullivan was 14-19 for 290 yards and a TD passing, and ran 10 times for 41 yards and 2 TDs in the championship game. Good resume for someone who was lightly recruited by Power 5 schools.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but Davison is up the road from where I am. Good program, and he definitely put that team on his back. Div. 1 has the largest schools, but the top of Div. 2 might have even more talent overall. He's also a standout basketball player.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but Davison is up the road from where I am. Good program, and he definitely put that team on his back. Div. 1 has the largest schools, but the top of Div. 2 might have even more talent overall. He's also a standout basketball player.
This fella might be just like the usc qb sam darnold who we recruited hard. I think we might have caught him wild just before his recruiting went nationwide like sam's. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be just as good as sd. Doesn't he play for the jets in the nfl now?? Hopefully, his hs success translates well into college. I am wondering who will be our starter 2-4 years from now- the late addition qb (Carl Richardson) from 20's class or Sullivan??

The league he played in is the Saginaw Valley Conference, a very, very tough Michigan league.

The league he played in is the Saginaw Valley Conference, a very, very tough Michigan league.
Can anybody tell me why he isn't a 4* recruit?? He won a state champ in a bigtime league. He's got a accurate- cannon for an arm. And he's 6'4" and most likely not done growing. He's also as mobile as- or more so than several other 4* recruits in his class? Why? Just curious. Maybe soon he will be?? Did we just rob Fort Knox??

Reactions: Rebel_ and willycat
Can anybody tell me why he isn't a 4* recruit?? He won a state champ in a bigtime league. He's got a accurate- cannon for an arm. And he's 6'4" and most likely not done growing. He's also as mobile as- or more so than several other 4* recruits in his class? Why? Just curious. Maybe soon he will be?? Did we just rob Fort Knox??

Because his arm strength is very average.

OSU signed a QB prospect a few years ago who mainly had MAC offers despite prolific passing records and multiple state playoff victories.

He ended up transferring to some school in Louisiana. Don’t know if that worked out for him.

Looks like NU has a potentially good one.

6'-4", 190 lbs. My guess is his core strength is catching up with his body changes. Easy to fall into bad mechanics when this happens. Take a great frame and basic athleticism combined with the right competitive mindset and coaches will say "Thank you, I'll work with that."

Reactions: drewjin
Because his arm strength is very average.
Same thing you said about Tom Brady when we had that vigorous back and forth. Not saying this young man is another Brady, but what he does is WIN at the highest level of Michigan high school football including a state championship. I'll take him! He's already a mid 3 star and his ranking will most definitely go up.

Same thing you said about Tom Brady when we had that vigorous back and forth. Not saying this young man is another Brady, but what he does is WIN at the highest level of Michigan high school football including a state championship. I'll take him! He's already a mid 3 star and his ranking will most definitely go up.

Arguing the exception for the win!

Reactions: DarthCat
No. Predictable nonsense. So much fun to watch you rise to the surface like a badly fooled fish. This kid's a winner. Aren't you glad to have him?

“Rise to the surface like a badly fooled fish.”

Impressive stuff you lazy ass old man. Very impressive.

GOUNUII

No. Predictable nonsense. So much fun to watch you rise to the surface like a badly fooled fish. This kid's a winner. Aren't you glad to have him?

At least now you’re admitting that you’re a troll. That’s a start.

Glad he committed, not 100% convinced on tape. In Jake We Trust.

Reactions: CitizenCat
At least now you’re admitting that you’re a troll. That’s a start.

Glad he committed, not 100% convinced on tape. In Jake We Trust.
You were doing ok except for the troll part, but I truly believe you'll mature over time.
Go 'Cats

last year was his first year playing qb on varsity.

Brendan played WR before taking over the QB position and reportedly is the best player on his HS bb team, so while listed as a pro-style QB, the kid has the athleticism and wheels of a dual-threat QB, but he's going to use his legs to extend passing plays and not play RB.

Would have had higher passing stats, but sat out the 2nd half of a # of games due to being blow-outs.

The biggest negative on Brendan would be his lack of playing time at the position/being a bit raw (in part due to playing WR prior to the switch and then taking the 2nd half off in a # of games).

But he has time to gain more experience (assuming there is a FB season this fall).

Irrespective of the ratings/rankings, like a lot of things about the kid.

His future success will be determined by how much he progresses in the things a QB needs to do btwn the ears, as well as continuing to work on his mechanics.

You guys debated Tom Brady as a high school recruit? That was eons ago.

Did the internet even exist back then? I'll check the Al Gore wikipedia page.......
I graduated in 91'. In 90', I used a computer from Argonne Nat. Lab to send emails back and forth with my mentor there. That was back in the days when scientists used the archaic version of the Internet to share research information. Gosh, that was a long time ago. I really am getting old....

I graduated in 91'. In 90', I used a computer from Argonne Nat. Lab to send emails back and forth with my mentor there. That was back in the days when scientists used the archaic version of the Internet to share research information. Gosh, that was a long time ago. I really am getting old....
All the people from that era Argonne now

Brendan played WR before taking over the QB position and reportedly is the best player on his HS bb team, so while listed as a pro-style QB, the kid has the athleticism and wheels of a dual-threat QB, but he's going to use his legs to extend passing plays and not play RB.

Would have had higher passing stats, but sat out the 2nd half of a # of games due to being blow-outs.

The biggest negative on Brendan would be his lack of playing time at the position/being a bit raw (in part due to playing WR prior to the switch and then taking the 2nd half off in a # of games).

But he has time to gain more experience (assuming there is a FB season this fall).

Irrespective of the ratings/rankings, like a lot of things about the kid.

His future success will be determined by how much he progresses in the things a QB needs to do btwn the ears, as well as continuing to work on his mechanics.
And he still has another year in HS and potentially a RS year before his first chance to see the field and a new QB coach/OC that hopefully can give him more opportunity to develop

Reactions: Katatonic
Like what I've read about the kid from Cali as well, so should hopefully make for a good QB battle in the not so distant future.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT