ADVERTISEMENT

New guard or new game plan?

charcat

Apr 11, 2006
Is there time for a new guard option for next year, transfer or foreign, or does this mean a new sort of offense around the players we have. How many of the wings can take it up the flow and have multiple guys who can direct the offense?

I agree the lead guard is the top priority. I've also talked enough about my wing problems. However, there's just that feeling that the program needs a nice little win after this whole mess.

Intrigued. Would we recognize the name?

From what others described, it's a kid that wasn't in this class - or had been but was going to prep school to classify as a 2019 recruit. But, now, they are talking about bringing him in more immediately this year. I think it's a name we haven't heard yet, because I don't recall anyone with that profile being discussed. Possibly foreign, which would make the whole reclassification point more viable, given that usually you don't see that sort of thing happen except for bigs who need more time to develop, not lead guard types. Maybe the kid got a late jump on recruiting and wanted a year in the US to get used to the culture and style of ball here.

But, now I'm completely speculating. The truth is that I don't know jack and I'm just as eager to hear who this mystery saviour is as anyone.

Reactions: hdhntr1
From what others described, it's a kid that wasn't in this class - or had been but was going to prep school to classify as a 2019 recruit. But, now, they are talking about bringing him in more immediately this year. I think it's a name we haven't heard yet, because I don't recall anyone with that profile being discussed. Possibly foreign, which would make the whole reclassification point more viable, given that usually you don't see that sort of thing happen except for bigs who need more time to develop, not lead guard types. Maybe the kid got a late jump on recruiting and wanted a year in the US to get used to the culture and style of ball here.

But, now I'm completely speculating. The truth is that I don't know jack and I'm just as eager to hear who this mystery saviour is as anyone.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ryan Greer has the academics to reclassify.

Wow, I totally assumed born and raised in North Carolina. Learn something new everyday.

Is there time for a new guard option for next year, transfer or foreign, or does this mean a new sort of offense around the players we have. How many of the wings can take it up the flow and have multiple guys who can direct the offense?
Yes

ADVERTISEMENT