ADVERTISEMENT

New Kansas AD (formerly at NU) discusses Jayhawks football

Very POOR replacement for Shon Morris and that's all you'll get.
Not fair to compare him to the best. Shon was all about community and spending time, and not just at fund raising events. That said, Travis put on alot of restrictions that helped community like banishing opposing fan gear and flags from our parking lots, and put on penalties for those who sold more than 30% of their tickets. Those items didn't raise funds but did help community imo.

Reactions: willycat
Very POOR replacement for Shon Morris and that's all you'll get.
This was so far off-base that I had to make my annual crawl out of my hole to log in and say something.

Travis was, and is, top-notch. Who said that? Jim Phillips told me in 2019 in his office that TG was more than ready to be an AD (and the implication was that people had come asking) but was, to that point, hesitant to leave. That was back in 2019. Obviously, if your alma mater comes calling, it's time to take that call.

I don't know you but I know the type of leader Jim is - and the talent he recruited. There have been more than a handful of people working in the Athletic Department under him that have gone on to higher positions at big-time schools in the last few years and a lot in the last few months... just as Jim planned and prepped for them to do. Travis is more than up to the job, more than deserving, and will do well at KU (as he did here at NU).

I don't know much about Travis Goff, but it feels like he is too separated from the critical transition periods in Northwestern's football history over the past few decades for him to be referenced as having experience to guiding a major college football program out of dark age or depression.

ADVERTISEMENT