ADVERTISEMENT

New Levels of Shitty

gocatsgo2003

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2006
Don’t even know what to say anymore. Fast start on offense, hit a lull, come to life to poke our nose in front. Defense makes a couple plays, but DBs can’t help but draw flags (Ruiz is REALLY struggling). Special teams put us in good field position a couple times (and the punt fake was clutch), but then doink one off the upright.

Oh, and because we can’t have nice things, McGowan goes in to have XRays.

This is new levels of shitty. Fitz needs to figure out how to shake things up. New coaches and scheme are the easiest way to do that.

Fitz will do nothing except say that players need to make plays and we need to work on the fundamentals. Next year won't be much better indiana-purdue and Nebraska have much much better younger players and recruiting classes.

Don’t even know what to say anymore. Fast start on offense, hit a lull, come to life to poke our nose in front. Defense makes a couple plays, but DBs can’t help but draw flags (Ruiz is REALLY struggling). Special teams put us in good field position a couple times (and the punt fake was clutch), but then doink one off the upright.

This is new levels of shitty. Fitz needs to figure out how to shake things up. New coaches and scheme are the easiest way to do that.
Lets start with a different placekicker. He is average, but when the game is on the line, he just doesn't have it. Also, Slater's hold down there was pivotal.

Reactions: PurpleFaze

Never thought I’d hear you say those words. This really has gotten bad.

Reactions: drewjin
Fitz will do nothing except say that players need to make plays and we need to work on the fundamentals. Next year won't be much better indiana-purdue and Nebraska have much much better younger players and recruiting classes.
You know you have said this multiple times about better recruiting, but I can’t remember one time you commented about specific recruits for NU or all edged superior specific recruits from these other teams. It’s a convenient narrative that is usually backed up with a Rondale or Wandale reference and then a leap to their entire class.

There is no way in hell Fitz can come back with all of the same staff.

If he does I’m done. I won’t be back and I assume many others would be in the same boat. We have a small fan base as it is and he’s losing his most loyal followers.
I believe there are a lot of people that feel this way. No worries, all the folks on here who say it is on the players will pick up the tickets and fill the seats.

Lets start with a different placekicker. He is average, but when the game is on the line, he just doesn't have it. Also, Slater's hold down there was pivotal.
The kicker should not have been a schollie. Was he originally a PWO?

If he does I’m done. I won’t be back and I assume many others would be in the same boat. We have a small fan base as it is and he’s losing his most loyal followers.
I don’t think he’ll like going 2-10 anymore than his most loyal fans will.

This was a winnable game and we yet again grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory. The whole program will have the holiday season to do some soul-searching, and I have confidence that Fitz will make some tough decisions.

Agreed! Fire McCall and hire Minny OC!

Yaaawwwnnnn

Fitz will make no personnel changes during the off season. Period. Won't happen.

I've always said we'd need to have a *minimum* of two losing seasons to see him even *consider* firing anyone. We're only halfway there.

When pressed, Fitz will point to all the games we were in this season - Sconnie, Neb, Purdue - he'll emphatically point out that they weren't blowouts, and that we just need to execute better. Then he'll say "it's on us as coaches," but that's a load of bullsh*t because he knows he has immunity and can provide cover to his assistants. I know all this because it's what he did in 2013 and 2014.

Reactions: IGNORE
Fitz will make no personnel changes during the off season. Period. Won't happen.

I've always said we'd need to have a *minimum* of two losing seasons to see him even *consider* firing anyone. We're only halfway there.

When pressed, Fitz will point to all the games we were in this season - Sconnie, Neb, Purdue - he'll emphatically point out that they weren't blowouts, and that we just need to execute better. Then he'll say "it's on us as coaches," but that's a load of bullsh*t because he knows he has immunity and can provide cover to his assistants. I know all this because it's what he did in 2013 and 2014.
So I am guessing that he won't be talking about the MSU, Iowa & IU games.

I don’t think he’ll like going 2-10 anymore than his most loyal fans will.

This was a winnable game and we yet again grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory. The whole program will have the holiday season to do some soul-searching, and I have confidence that Fitz will make some tough decisions.

If he doesn’t make some changes then he doesn’t have the best interests of the players and program in mind.

ADVERTISEMENT