ADVERTISEMENT

New Local Rival?

Last edited:
Wild.
Styx met at Chicago State.

It seems to me that CSU would benefit from formally branding as a Black-focused university.

While this was not its historical founding, it is currently much closer in spirit to an HBCU - as one example, its only Greek organizations are from the ‘Divine Nine.’

For reference, this school had to end its spring semester unexpectedly early a few years ago because it basically ran out of money to keep the lights on and the doors open. I believe it was during the era of an Illinois budget standoff but a school living paycheck to paycheck like that probably shouldn't be looking at spending to field a D1 college football team, but...whatever.

Ready, fire, aim.

For reference, this school had to end its spring semester unexpectedly early a few years ago because it basically ran out of money to keep the lights on and the doors open. I believe it was during the era of an Illinois budget standoff but a school living paycheck to paycheck like that probably shouldn't be looking at spending to field a D1 college football team, but...whatever.

Ready, fire, aim.
They are supposedly going to WAC (Western Athletic Conference) While teams like Arizona and Arizona State, New Mexico etc used to be a part of it, now it does not seem like much, Do not think any D1 Football is being played there They dropped D1 Football in 2000 so not sure how that fits with CSU attempting to add D1 Football

They are supposedly going to WAC (Western Athletic Conference) While teams like Arizona and Arizona State, New Mexico etc used to be a part of it, now it does not seem like much, Do not think any D1 Football is being played there They dropped D1 Football in 2000 so not sure how that fits with CSU attempting to add D1 Football
The WAC is bringing football back at the FCS level, which is Division I. (NU even lost to an FCS team last season!)

The WAC and ASUN conferences will be merging for football.

Ready, fire, aim.
Maybe they see FCS football as another revenue stream. Maybe the plan is to schedule a few body-bag money games each season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT