ADVERTISEMENT

New Northwestern OL commit Aiden Newbill: 'No place I'd rather be'

It's honestly pretty awesome to see we can still sign kids because they're just genuinely (hopefully!) interested in a Northwestern education and playing Big Ten football...putting aside coaching uncertainties, program drama, NIL, and everything else. Also a very nice testament to Braun's ability to close under less-than-ideal circumstances.

Unrelated: When I saw his photo I actually thought it was Ronda Rousey and not a 6'7" 280 lb. monster.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
It's honestly pretty awesome to see we can still sign kids because they're just genuinely (hopefully!) interested in a Northwestern education and playing Big Ten football...putting aside coaching uncertainties, program drama, NIL, and everything else. Also a very nice testament to Braun's ability to close under less-than-ideal circumstances.

Unrelated: When I saw his photo I actually thought it was Ronda Rousey and not a 6'7" 280 lb. monster.
Agreed with the above.

NU remains a unique combination of big time football and legit academics. Braun made nice comments about the strength of the alumni network returning this weekend. Lots of things looking up, amazingly.

It's honestly pretty awesome to see we can still sign kids because they're just genuinely (hopefully!) interested in a Northwestern education and playing Big Ten football
Well, no one has "signed" a NLI yet......time will tell if the commits actually enroll once the head coach situation is resolved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT