ADVERTISEMENT

New OC - Bajakian

I’ll happily take a top 50 offense.

I have one simple request: and that's to have a frickin' top 25 offense that'll help us win championships! Is that too much to ask?!! #WeCantHaveNiceThings

3279360ffd16ef15411746c53ae6291c.jpg

Who is going to get Memphis' OC? Did anybody watch them this year? Their O was top-notch. They also just beat Cincy to get to 12-1 for the season. Is the Memphis head coach headed to FSU? Will the oc follow there??

FSU to name Memphis HC Mike Norvell as HC.

That’s my understanding as well. Will be announced tomorrow. Expect ND OC, Chip Long, to be named to replace him as HC at Memphis. It will be interesting to see who the. takes over as OC at ND.

Who is going to get Memphis' OC? Did anybody watch them this year? Their O was top-notch. They also just beat Cincy to get to 12-1 for the season. Is the Memphis head coach headed to FSU? Will the oc follow there??

Not NU. Can guarantee you that much.

Northwestern’s offensive coordinator search has zeroed in on Mike Bajakian from Boston College, multiple people with knowledge of the situation

Seems meh to me. An improvement for sure over McCall, but not a Hankwitz like coup, which is what I was hoping for. Matt Canada would seem to be a better hire. Still, can't complain too much as the main thing was to get someone - anyone - new.

That’s my understanding as well. Will be announced tomorrow. Expect ND OC, Chip Long, to be named to replace him as HC at Memphis. It will be interesting to see who the. takes over as OC at ND.
Chip and Mike world well together at ASU, good transition for ND actually

Reactions: rmndcat
Seems meh to me. An improvement for sure over McCall, but not a Hankwitz like coup, which is what I was hoping for. Matt Canada would seem to be a better hire. Still, can't complain too much as the main thing was to get someone - anyone - new.

did you think getting a 62 yr old DC Wisc didn’t want was a coup at the time?

Not a coup exactly and not in the moment. I do remember early thinking Wisconsin had made a mistake and we had picked up an excellent DC who was pretty motivated.

Actually, I totally thought it was a coup. Are you joking me? This was Hank's resume:

https://nusports.com/news/2008/1/16...ankwitz_as_its_New_Defensive_Coordinator.aspx

#1 defenses. 14 Top 25 defenses. Multiple top 10 teams. Multliple conference championships. National Championship ring. Led the famed TAMU Wrecking Crew. Wisconsin's D when he co-led it was top 1 in pass efficiency. Basically successful at the highest level whereever he went.

Are you people shitting me? If you didn't think it was a coup, then you weren't paying attention. I just about creamed my pants when we landed Hankwitz.

Maybe I'm getting old and things aren't working like they used to anymore without some pharmaceutical help from Pfizer, but the BC coach just didn't do as much for me. People are just happy that he's had some top 50 O's. I guess that's something coming from as low as where we are. But, then Hank replaced Colby, who was about as bad a DC as McCall was an OC. Well, at least the BC guy spent some time in the League and at least he ain't from the MAC.

It seems that the boards reaction to Hank was, effectively, “Oooh, baby, this seems good. We lucked out here.”

Maybe I'm getting old and things aren't working like they used to anymore without some pharmaceutical help from Pfizer, but the BC coach just didn't do as much for me. People are just happy that he's had some top 50 O's. I guess that's something coming from as low as where we are. But, then Hank replaced Colby, who was about as bad a DC as McCall was an OC. Well, at least the BC guy spent some time in the League and at least he ain't from the MAC.
That’s a bit how I am. Seems like he’ll be fine — the floor shouldn’t be as low as it was. But the ceiling isn’t exactly high.

I was hoping Fitz would see what LSU has done and decide that it’s okay to try to score 50 every week, but clearly he wants to limit mistakes, control the clock, etc., etc.

This puts lots of pressure on OL recruiting and development. NU is trying to look like Wisconsin South or Iowa East — better start getting big boys drafted in the early rounds.

Reactions: drewjin
OTOH, the BC people seem to think highly of him. Maybe he'll be ok.

https://247sports.com/college/bosto...ents/mike-bajakian-to-northwestern-139980293/
I thought the post linked below also was interesting. Bajakian seemed to be well enough liked at BC that some folks were hoping he might be retained by the new HC. Indeed, as reflected in the post below and a few others, some BC fans thought Bajakian might get consideration to replace Addazio as HC.

https://www.bcinterruption.com/2019/12/7/21000087/bajakian-out

There are two BC commits that NU offered and who each have apparently visited NU. Both are OT. Wonder if OCMB may be able to flip even one of them.

GCG, is there a reason you say this (that you can share)? Pyne is rated higher than pretty much any OL I can remember us getting.

He is not very good on tape and became a 2019 recruit only after it was determined he would be too old for another year of high school football. Looks like a developmental prospect on tape, but he’s already 19 or 20.

He is not very good on tape and became a 2019 recruit only after it was determined he would be too old for another year of high school football. Looks like a developmental prospect on tape, but he’s already 19 or 20.

His stock dropped after his junior year like a lead balloon, and he’s nowhere near the listed 320 lbs.

GOUNUII

ADVERTISEMENT