ADVERTISEMENT

new offer per twitter

Haywood any feel for who the first 2019 commitment might be? Seems awful slow on the recruiting front for next year. Thanks

NU runs a very tight ship on hoops recruiting information. The primary source of information is recruits. So if a kid visits, no one knows unless the kids says so.

This year is worse then the previous years because not even verbalcommits is up to date on offers for the 2019 class.

The online lists have some relevance in that they do show who NU offered. But that's pretty much it. After that first date, NU and many recruits often part ways but the boards show them as active. A recent example is the kid from jersey who Heywood let us know was no longer a prospect, but then when he chose a school, InsideNU reported it as (IIRC) Rutgers beating out NU (they sky was falling, etc., etc.).

Since Collins came on board here's what I've seen. The first year was an aberration. For whatever reason, NU's focus and effort was public knowledge. And then the safe was closed.

Since that time, much is done behind a curtain. Fans believe that if a name is on NU's Verbal Commits page, Collins is in hot pursuit. Sort of, but not really.

NU seems to have a far more narrow focus than other schools. Once they determine fit and that a kid's family gets it they are all over the kid.

Real NU prospects never seems to reach double digits...more like six or seven players.

My sense is that in the latter stages NU has a very high batting average. Disruptors are a kid absolutely blowing up such as THT. Or a corrupt regime enters the contest like SLU. Or a kid becomes enamored of the process like Ayo, and then excludes himself (in Ayo's case, waiting too long).

So, what is available publicly is a good indication of where NU starts. But there is almost nothing on the middle-to-end, other than Heywood leaving some damp tea leaves.

I do think NU does it differently. I believe that recruits and their families are starting to get that.

The online lists have some relevance in that they do show who NU offered. But that's pretty much it. After that first date, NU and many recruits often part ways but the boards show them as active. A recent example is the kid from jersey who Heywood let us know was no longer a prospect, but then when he chose a school, InsideNU reported it as (IIRC) Rutgers beating out NU (they sky was falling, etc., etc.).

Since Collins came on board here's what I've seen. The first year was an aberration. For whatever reason, NU's focus and effort was public knowledge. And then the safe was closed.

Since that time, much is done behind a curtain. Fans believe that if a name is on NU's Verbal Commits page, Collins is in hot pursuit. Sort of, but not really.

NU seems to have a far more narrow focus than other schools. Once they determine fit and that a kid's family gets it they are all over the kid.

Real NU prospects never seems to reach double digits...more like six or seven players.

My sense is that in the latter stages NU has a very high batting average. Disruptors are a kid absolutely blowing up such as THT. Or a corrupt regime enters the contest like SLU. Or a kid becomes enamored of the process like Ayo, and then excludes himself (in Ayo's case, waiting too long).

So, what is available publicly is a good indication of where NU starts. But there is almost nothing on the middle-to-end, other than Heywood leaving some damp tea leaves.

I do think NU does it differently. I believe that recruits and their families are starting to get that.
OK , so who are these 6 or 7 potential Wildcats? I won't tell a soul, promise.

I know we're after serious talent for the final 2018 schollie - anybody have a clue whether or not we're getting close? Bey is visiting Nova...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT