ADVERTISEMENT

New WR images

Looks a little like Loyola's gym. I went to a women's game there a couple of years ago. Nice sight lines throughout that arena. I think our little pit is going to be a good place for home court advantage!

Looks a little like Loyola's gym. I went to a women's game there a couple of years ago. Nice sight lines throughout that arena. I think our little pit is going to be a good place for home court advantage!
Maybe copying Loyola and not a MAC arena was their real intent. On the court LU success would be great but a 5,000 seat arena, not so much. The actual Pit,, at the New Mexico U., seats over 15,000.

But 40% bigger!

I've been to a couple of games at the new and improved Gentile Center. It's a nice little arena, but I think WRA will be even better. WRA will have a true balcony rather than an "upper bowl," which should bring the upper seats closer to the court. WRA will have a main concourse (and half the upper concourse) where you can see the court, while the Gentile Center concourse is under the stands. WRA will have a center scoreboard and ribbon boards, while the GC just has a video board at each end (unless they've updated recently).

The Chicago State arena is actually the venue I've been to that most resembles the new WRA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT