ADVERTISEMENT

Next 2023 commit

Are we taking a RB in this class? I saw Lou's tweet that we offered a guy on Sunday only to have him commit to ISU on Tuesday.

Are we taking a RB in this class? I saw Lou's tweet that we offered a guy on Sunday only to have him commit to ISU on Tuesday.
Despite weeks of rumors to the contrary, it seems now that NU has whiffed on Parker Jenkins. For months, he was the only RB we offered. TOS projects him going to LSU. While I think it is always advantageous to take a RB in each class, we are loaded at the position, not just currently, but for several years forward. I like the class as it stands, and think, unless we can find a real stud like Jenkins, that we may have greater needs than RB to address with the last few scholarships we have to offer. Ricky A. and Chico Holt address two of those needs and seem to be wonderful pickups.

Last edited:
Despite weeks of rumors to the contrary, it seems now that NU has whiffed on Parker Jenkins. For months, he was the only RB we offered. TOS projects him going to LSU. While I think it is always advantageous to take a RB in each class, we are loaded at the position, not just currently, but for several years forward. I like the class as it stands, and think, unless we can find a real stud like Jenkins, that we may have greater needs than RB to address with the last few scholarships we have to offer. Ricky A. and Chico Holt address two of those needs and seem to be wonderful pickups.
That's too bad about Jenkins. I figured we were losing him since they offered the other RB. But I can't say I'm surprised that a Houston area kid wants to play for LSU. There's not really a whole lot in common between Northwestern and LSU.

Chico jolt would be a perfect cap to the class if he commits. TE or WR. Of course Adeboware would really be cool since he’s also another brother as per our history.

Chico jolt would be a perfect cap to the class if he commits. TE or WR. Of course Adeboware would really be cool since he’s also another brother as per our history.
Been there, done that.

By turning down the Longhorns for us, Holt just put a great deal of pressure on Brendan Sullivan. For three years, he can tell him: "I had the chance to catch passes from Arch Manning, but decided to have you throw to me instead."

By turning down the Longhorns for us, Holt just put a great deal of pressure on Brendan Sullivan. For three years, he can tell him: "I had the chance to catch passes from Arch Manning, but decided to have you throw to me instead."
It's not very nice, but I want Arch Manning to fail. Or Quinn Ewers. Preferably Manning

ADVERTISEMENT