ADVERTISEMENT

Next year is exciting, but how about this year?

freewillie07

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2017
I’m looking at the next two games at home and hoping the Cats can win at least one of them. These guys are close.

What do we think the chances are against Maryland and/or Ohio State?

I’m looking at the next two games at home and hoping the Cats can win at least one of them. These guys are close.

What do we think the chances are against Maryland and/or Ohio State?

Is Buie coming back? If he's close to 100% I like our offensive weapons. He's the guy that can get hot at the end of a game and finish a close one. Talent wise there's a big gap vs OSU and MD but what happened to OSU--I haven't been following why they are imploding.

On paper, and imo, we don't match well against MD. We match better against Indiana/Michigan/Minny/Iowa/Penn State, than against tough minded teams on D.

But we play at home, MD has not won an away game, averaging a dismal 57 points on the road. We can win if we are inspired on offense as much as we were against IL.

If we do not win against an imploding OSU, I will be worried. Might be a better opportunity to get a W than at Nebby.

I give us a legitimate shot in both of these games. We will need to shoot well tonight and stay out of foul trouble to win, but I think if we do those two things it will happen.

Ohio State on Sunday is another game I think we have a great shot in. They have a lot of talent, but are REALLY struggling after a great start to the season. Team chemistry seems off with them or something- can't put my finger on it.

Not saying we win both of these, but I'd actually be somewhat surprised if we didn't win one.

If we had Buie for scoring and Gaines to guard Anthony Cowan ... I just don't know who we go to down the stretch without those guys. But we've been close in enough Big Ten games that maybe we can break through today.

If we had Buie for scoring and Gaines to guard Anthony Cowan ... I just don't know who we go to down the stretch without those guys. But we've been close in enough Big Ten games that maybe we can break through today.
I know they said weeks for Boo to heal but supposedly he was ding some shooting around before the last game. So when can we expect him back?

Is Buie coming back? If he's close to 100% I like our offensive weapons. He's the guy that can get hot at the end of a game and finish a close one. Talent wise there's a big gap vs OSU and MD but what happened to OSU--I haven't been following why they are imploding.
The other site is stating that he will be activated for tonight's game. Hopefully that's true, although I feel they have a better shot at OSU.

And without the pressure to play 30 minutes, he can ease into it. Looking good so far.

On paper, and imo, we don't match well against MD. We match better against Indiana/Michigan/Minny/Iowa/Penn State, than against tough minded teams on D.

But we play at home, MD has not won an away game, averaging a dismal 57 points on the road. We can win if we are inspired on offense as much as we were against IL.

If we do not win against an imploding OSU, I will be worried. Might be a better opportunity to get a W than at Nebby.
You have lost to the teams you mentioned that you match up well with. You obviously did not match up that well. And you just got torched by Maryland after being up by 16 in the first half. You and Nebraska will have a battle for the bottom of the barrel. And yes you have some good players back next year, but so does Wisky, IU, Purdue, Iowa, Michigan, Rutgers to name a few. And, they are also bringing in upper level players. Do not look for things to change a lot next year.

You have lost to the teams you mentioned that you match up well with. You obviously did not match up that well. And you just got torched by Maryland after being up by 16 in the first half. You and Nebraska will have a battle for the bottom of the barrel. And yes you have some good players back next year, but so does Wisky, IU, Purdue, Iowa, Michigan, Rutgers to name a few. And, they are also bringing in upper level players. Do not look for things to change a lot next year.

cool story, bro

scram

But we're young and we're better looking than Indiana.

GatoLouco said:

[/quote]
Good stuff bruh

LOLOLOLOLOL

I think I know this guy. I saw him get his ass kicked outside the Bluebird in Bloomington when he mouthed off to a bunch of frat boys about 10 years ago.
Not true. Never been to Blue Bird. But maligning up stories or lies seems to be in fashion

But we're young and we're better looking than Indiana.
And IU is very young also. Guards all back, front line all back, including Trace Jackson-Davis who is one of the best freshmen in the country. And many other teams in the Big Ten are young. Hell, Rutgers is you young

And IU is very young also. Guards all back, front line all back, including Trace Jackson-Davis who is one of the best freshmen in the country. And many other teams in the Big Ten are young. Hell, Rutgers is you young
Jackson-Davis isn’t one of the best freshmen in the country. He’s not even the best freshman in the conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT