ADVERTISEMENT

Nice stat

SmellyCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
A.J. Turner made nine of 10 free throws. It's nice to have a guy who can draw fouls like that. Given that NU is often a bunch of perimeter jump shooters, having a person who can draw so many fouls -- and make his free throws -- is a luxury we don't have every year.

I don't know if it's a one-game anomaly or not, as his numbers in BC didn't seem to indicate he was a free-throw machine, but it's certainly worth keeping an eye on.

A.J. Turner made nine of 10 free throws. It's nice to have a guy who can draw fouls like that. Given that NU is often a bunch of perimeter jump shooters, having a person who can draw so many fouls -- and make his free throws -- is a luxury we don't have every year.

I don't know if it's a one-game anomaly or not, as his numbers in BC didn't seem to indicate he was a free-throw machine, but it's certainly worth keeping an eye on.
He sure has a nice FT stroke. Smooth, confident. Pardon has also significantly improved his 'throws.

Reactions: willycat

I agree. He couldn't hit anything from the field but I thought he did a really nice job of pushing the ball up the court and getting to the basket on fast breaks. We need his aggressiveness because Taylor doesn't look like a guy that likes to go to the basket much. He looked great creating separation to get his jumper off, though. And Vic has never been great at drawing fouls, so I think we are going to rely on Pardon, Tuner and Gaines to draw fouls. Turner couldn't hit anything from the field but his stroke looks fine and I'd rather have him be cold in a blowout.

Reactions: ricko654321

His shot from the line looked pretty solid. Don't know if he will get as many trips to the line but his form looks like he should be solid when he gets there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT