ADVERTISEMENT

Noise

loyolacat

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2006
This is a little leap of faith,,,but lets say we have football some time in the fall....and something happens,,,,better virus tracking,,,,experimental vaccination,,,,better quicker test,,,,,I know these are all just hopes...but my question is......based on still having to wear masks and gloves...even if precautionary....how will we make noise? muffled clapping....bring pots and pans....air horns.....flashlights,,,,,,,,,,,stomp feet......bang on the bleachers.....what would 30,000 people screaming through masks sound like? I think New Normal is going to be Weird Normal......

This is a little leap of faith,,,but lets say we have football some time in the fall....and something happens,,,,better virus tracking,,,,experimental vaccination,,,,better quicker test,,,,,I know these are all just hopes...but my question is......based on still having to wear masks and gloves...even if precautionary....how will we make noise? muffled clapping....bring pots and pans....air horns.....flashlights,,,,,,,,,,,stomp feet......bang on the bleachers.....what would 30,000 people screaming through masks sound like? I think New Normal is going to be Weird Normal......

We have noise at Ryan Field from NU fans?

The obvious thing to do is just have NU season tickets holders in. That way there will be only 22,000 people in each game with plenty of social distancing and we won't be surrounded by asswipes from other schools!
Love it, mikero. Two birds with one stone.

The obvious thing to do is just have NU season tickets holders in. That way there will be only 22,000 people in each game with plenty of social distancing and we won't be surrounded by asswipes from other schools!
Well stated. IF there is football, for a cold November Morgan State game, with the low, low number of ticket holders expected to attend, perhaps seating charts could be circulated before the game with names and cell numbers (or perhaps a megaphone to each fan in attendance), so fans could get to know each other with a "Hey Steve in Section 128, what did you think of that play call?" Or, the announcer could welcome each fan individually: "Move those chains...and that first down was for Ted Stevens in Section 129, who is here from Wisconsin with his son Bob". Attending Morgan State fans would no longer be mere "asswipes", but we would get to know them as people, as Carl and Edna Schmidlap from Baltimore.

Possibilities abound. Plenty of hot dogs and hot chocolate (maybe). Socially distanced lines for urinals. The misguided Morgan State defense staying 6 feet away from our ball carrier at all times.

Here's hoping for football in the fall. I have seen the Holiday Bowl 5 times.

Well stated. IF there is football, for a cold November Morgan State game, with the low, low number of ticket holders expected to attend, perhaps seating charts could be circulated before the game with names and cell numbers (or perhaps a megaphone to each fan in attendance), so fans could get to know each other with a "Hey Steve in Section 128, what did you think of that play call?" Or, the announcer could welcome each fan individually: "Move those chains...and that first down was for Ted Stevens in Section 129, who is here from Wisconsin with his son Bob". Attending Morgan State fans would no longer be mere "asswipes", but we would get to know them as people, as Carl and Edna Schmidlap from Baltimore.

Possibilities abound. Plenty of hot dogs and hot chocolate (maybe). Socially distanced lines for urinals. The misguided Morgan State defense staying 6 feet away from our ball carrier at all times.

Here's hoping for football in the fall. I have seen the Holiday Bowl 5 times.

Although we agree on many things, this is easily my all time favorite AtlantaCat Post! It has some excellent suggestions!

Cowbells!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT