ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern Olympians

CatManTrue

Oct 4, 2008
I heard yesterday that NU has 5 Olympians competing. Let’s honor them.

FEDERICO BURDISSO ('23) – SWIMMING – ITALY

ANDREA FILLER ('15, '16) – SOFTBALL – ITALY

PALLAS KUNAIYI-AKPANAH ('19) – BASKETBALL – NIGERIA

KRYSTAL LARA ('20) – SWIMMING – DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

JORDAN WILIMOVSKY ('17) – SWIMMING – UNITED STATES

Looks like that list includes three swimmers who frequented the Northwestern waters at SPAC.

Alaska's favorite in the Games is also a swimmer, Lydia Jacoby, a 17-year-old from Seward, Alaska who made it to the finals. All here will be watching her competition today in the 100-meter breaststroke. She graduates from high school next year.

Perhaps Adam Crum, who was dubbed "The Alaskan Assassin" by his Wildcat Teammates and who attended Anchor Point High School on the same Kenai Peninsula can convince her to consider Northwestern for her college options.

Hardly relevant, but I did take a dip in the waters of the Kenai Peninsula's Kenai River when I stepped into a hole and fell and then went on to catch a cooler full of Sockye (Red) Salmon that ended up filling our freezer this weekend.

Maybe the "Big Fish" portend success ahead for the Northwestern Olympians.

IMG_5792.jpg
IMG_5824(1).jpg
IMG_5808.jpg
IMG_5786.jpg

From the mouth of the Kenai River to our mouths:

IMG_5840.jpg

Last edited:
I’m wondering if the Olympics could be shut down due to the record high COVID cases in Tokyo. Wrassler, could you fly there and check out the scene on the ground?

Swim marathon is airing live on NBCSN.
Wilimovsky currently in fifth. Probably will end ~7:30 Eastern.

It’s boring tv.

Wilimovsky finished 10th, 2 1/2 minutes out of a medal and 1:20 ahead of the 11th place finisher.

He’s not a Wildcat… but I wish he were instead of a Gopher. Gable Steveson is one bad MFer. How did he pull that upset off at the last minute to win Gold at 125kg??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT