ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern vs Purdue Postgame Press Conference Notes

mikefitz77

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2020
Pat Fitzgerald
  • Says the best step to being a contender is being COVID-free
  • Credits Newsome II for going toe to toe with one of the best receivers in the country
  • Comments on how active the defensive line was to make a difference in both running and passing games
  • Credits Lorenzo Neal of Purdue for making it hard to run
  • Emphasizes how tough the players have been in battling through a lot of adversity against good teams
  • Says the defense has been "outstanding" at all 3 levels
  • Compliments Ramsey's consistency and experience for keeping the team calm through the first half of the season
Players
  • Greg Newsome II says that Bell's place as one of the top receivers in the conference motivated him
  • Peyton Ramsey says he thinks he shows his leadership through keeping his teammates' confidence up, not stats
  • Newsome II says the secondary's confidence is at an all-time high
  • Ramaud Chiaokhiao-Bowman compliments Ramsey for always taking the lead since he got to Northwestern and fostering trust and relationships with everyone
  • Eku Leota says the defensive line knew Purdue liked to pass, so they were focused on getting home to the quarterback

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Pat Fitzgerald
  • Says the best step to being a contender is being COVID-free
  • Credits Newsome II for going toe to toe with one of the best receivers in the country
  • Comments on how active the defensive line was to make a difference in both running and passing games
  • Credits Lorenzo Neal of Purdue for making it hard to run
  • Emphasizes how tough the players have been in battling through a lot of adversity against good teams
  • Says the defense has been "outstanding" at all 3 levels
  • Compliments Ramsey's consistency and experience for keeping the team calm through the first half of the season
Players
  • Greg Newsome II says that Bell's place as one of the top receivers in the conference motivated him
  • Peyton Ramsey says he thinks he shows his leadership through keeping his teammates' confidence up, not stats
  • Newsome II says the secondary's confidence is at an all-time high
  • Ramaud Chiaokhiao-Bowman compliments Ramsey for always taking the lead since he got to Northwestern and fostering trust and relationships with everyone
  • Eku Leota says the defensive line knew Purdue liked to pass, so they were focused on getting home to the quarterback
Any chance Lorenzo Neal wants to come to NU next year as a grad student?

It seems like Neal has been at Purdue for 8 years.
I'd agree, but I also feel like the last eight months feels like eight years. Thank goodness the 'Cats are bringing a little brightness to this miserable year.

In the game two years ago, Neal committed a dumb personal foul penalty at the end that iced the game for NU. Seems like a good kid (he's from Houston, and I remember him in high school), but he hurt his team in that game.

I'd agree, but I also feel like the last eight months feels like eight years. Thank goodness the 'Cats are bringing a little brightness to this miserable year.

In the game two years ago, Neal committed a dumb personal foul penalty at the end that iced the game for NU. Seems like a good kid (he's from Houston, and I remember him in high school), but he hurt his team in that game.
Thanks for the reminder- I’d forgotten about that!

Reactions: NU Houston

He is also the guy that gave us a first down by jumping into the neutral zone on that 4th down play earlier in the game. Talented but undisciplined.

ADVERTISEMENT