ADVERTISEMENT

Not a lot to draw a crowd

PurpleWhiteBoy

Feb 25, 2021
Was looking at the NU basketball schedule to see which games I might attend before the end of 2022...

Here are the choices...

DateDayTimeOpponent2022 RatingInterest
Nov 2Wednesday7 pmQuincy Hawks---none
Nov 7Monday7 pmChicago State57.55very low
Nov 11Friday7 pmN. Illinois63.19low
Nov 18Friday7 pmPU - Fort Wayne67.52low
Nov 28Monday8 pmPittsburgh72.87medium
Dec 11Sunday1 pmPrairie View63.75low
Dec 17Saturday1 pmDe Paul78.37medium
Dec 20Tuesday8 pmIllinois-Chicago65.00low
Dec 29ThursdaynoonBrown69.75low

We play ONE out-of-conference road game (at Georgetown) because of the Gavitt Games between the Big Ten and Big East. In other words, a mandatory game.

Northwestern was rated 80.21 last year (by Sagarin).

There's just not much quality NCAA basketball to justify the effort to attend.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go so several preseason games. Finally within reach..
Not sure why you call them "preseason" games. They all count. Except Quincy, Medical Examiner.

MV5BNjc2MTUyNTAxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQ1MDY5MDI@._V1_.jpg

I loved Quincy growing up. I watched a few episodes recently - man tv has changed a lot since then.

Also, I look forward to the first several games - easy parking, open concessions, no one crowding my seat, etc.

Reactions: loyolacat
There are no gimmes for this team. I think these early games will be competitive and maybe even more interesting than Big Ten games we are overmatched in. And I'm with Eager Fan re: easy parking, open concessions and no one crowding my seat. If you like hoops, what's to complain? And the local matchups should add some spice.

There are no gimmes for this team. I think these early games will be competitive and maybe even more interesting than Big Ten games we are overmatched in. And I'm with Eager Fan re: easy parking, open concessions and no one crowding my seat. If you like hoops, what's to complain? And the local matchups should add some spice.

One thing to complain about is that the schedule does almost nothing to prepare Luke Hunger for the Big Ten. The worst we should be with that group of games is 6-2, but realistically we could be 8-0. Lets play it safe and say 7-1.

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT