ADVERTISEMENT

Nothing is ever as good or as bad as it seems. If we beat Miami of Oxford, we’ll be exactly were most fans thought we would be: 2-2.

CatManTrue

Oct 4, 2008
Nothing is ever as good or as bad as it seems. If we beat Miami of Oxford, we’ll be exactly were most fans thought we would be: 2-2.

Most fans thought we’d have lost to Duke and Nebraska, and beaten SIU and Miami OH. So we’d be 2-2 still with a shot at a bowl game.

A 6-6 or 7-5 season is still within reach, which was my hope a month ago. If we beat Miami, 4 or 5 wins is still very feasible in this Charmin soft conference.

Logically: the probability that we’ll beat OSU is higher than was the probability that SIU would beat us. So if we’re healthy we have a puncher’s chance in that game.

No cheap victories here, my fellow fans. We could be 3-0 or 0-3 just as easily. Duke and SIU made more crucial plays so we’re 1-2, c’est la vie.

But if we lose this week… 1-11 is a distinct possibility.

So it’s a must win.
Go Cats! Níl saoi gan locht.

Last edited:

Most fans thought we’d have lost to Duke and Nebraska, and beaten SIU and Miami OH. So we’d be 2-2 still with a shot at a bowl game.

A 6-6 or 7-5 season is still within reach, which was my hope a month ago. If we beat Miami, 4 or 5 wins is still very feasible in this Charmin soft conference.

Logically: the probability that we’ll beat OSU is higher than was the probability that SIU would beat us. So if we’re healthy we have a puncher’s chance in that game.

No cheap victories here, my fellow fans. We could be 3-0 or 0-3 just as easily. Duke and SIU made more crucial plays so we’re 1-2, c’est la vie.

So it’s a must win.

Did people really think we'd lose to Duke? Really?

If we beat dOSU, all is forgiven.

So it’s a must win.
Great post. The truth is always somewhere in the middle!

How low have we sunk when we expected to lose at home to an ACC team that lost every game in conference by
an average of 30 pts last year.
They have beaten us three years in a row. New coach, transfer portal, and our lack of readiness have all contributed. They are having a damn good season so far.

How low have we sunk when we expected to lose at home to an ACC team that lost every game in conference by
an average of 30 pts last year.
We’ve now lost to Dookie 4 times in a row. That in and of itself is shameful but is the sad Truth. I expected us to start 0-2, and to rebound against SIU and Miami and then hopefully upset Ped State.

But I do agree: beat OSU and all is well. It’s only been 18 years… once in the last 50 that it’s happened.

But if SIU can beat us, then we can beat OSU… right?

Reactions: Rebel II
After the Duke loss, I came away assuming that it would be like previous seasons again.

We would win games against division foes in October and November but lose all our September non conference games and most of our cross divisional games.

After watching us lose to Duke the last three years, yes. I expected to lose to Duke. We won’t beat OSU. But we’ll likely beat a team or two on the road we’re not supposed to in October, if things go the way they often do around these parts.

Reactions: hdhntr1 and IGNORE2
A few days ago, we thought it was funny to discuss 0-2 SIU beating us.

If we’re healthy, we have a chance on any given weekend.
Not really. Our injured DBacks are good, but OSU just beat Toledo by 56 points. We lost to a team that gave up 60+ to Incarnate Word. Will we get better? Offense, maybe. Defense, I don't think so. I think we will be terrible until JON leaves.

Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE2

So it’s a must win.
After what we have seen in the last two weeks, that is a pretty big if.

Not really. Our injured DBacks are good, but OSU just beat Toledo by 56 points. We lost to a team that gave up 60+ to Incarnate Word. Will we get better? Offense, maybe. Defense, I don't think so. I think we will be terrible until JON leaves.
Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Trust me: there’s a distinct possibility that we lose every game the rest of the way for a magical 1-11 season. And that OSU, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and others blow us all out (again).

There are also changes that can be made quickly if we turn in another dud against Miami of Oxford.

Everything is on the table when you’re staring down the barrel that is 1-11 in the NIL age of football.

My, how the program has sunk if 2-2 was expected/acceptable after playing 4 awful to mediocre teams.

Aside from Minny, the rest of the B1GW is mediocre to average - so hard to see another win this season (tho, guess the Cats may be able to pull off an upset if the ball bounces their way several times).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT