ADVERTISEMENT

NU #5 among B1G programs with most QB success

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Josh Helmholdt ranks the Big Ten programs that have had the most success at the QB position. NU comes in at No. 5, behind OSU, MSU, PSU and Michigan. He writes:

Northwestern does not have as many four and five-star signees as the other schools on this list. In fact, its only four-star quarterback signees during the Rivals.com era are both on the 2017 roster: Clayton Thorson and Matt Alviti. Northwestern has had consistent production from the quarterback position, though, stretching back more than a decade. Thorson was preceded by Trevor Siemian, who is now a starter in the NFL. Before him, the Wildcats went on a five-year stretch (2007-11) with a quarterback ranking among the top three in the Big Ten for passing, a group that featured C.J. Bacher, Mike Kafka and Dan Persa.

(He omitted Colter, but I'd add good ol' No. 2 to the list as well.)

Link: QB Week: Big Ten programs that have had the most QB success

Could you imagine just how high we'd rank if Fitz had the guts to fire that incompetent SOB McCall?!

(sarcasm alert)

I don't understand what the ranking is based on - lots of references to recruiting stars and NFL futures, not much about all big-ten or college statistics.

Josh Helmholdt is fairly knowledgeable about the B1G. Even if it is just an opinion piece, I think it has some merit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT