ADVERTISEMENT

NU Basketball on Peacock

Mossreportdos

Gold Member
Jun 21, 2015
Philadelphia Area
Well I guess we are lucky that NBC does not value Northwestern Basketball. Jaskson St is the Cats only game on there.

https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/...ten-mens-basketball-games-for-2023-24-season/

Schools with at least four games exclusively on Peacock this season:

SchoolGames Exclusively on Peacock
Purdue6
Indiana5
Michigan State5
Minnesota5
Ohio State5
Wisconsin5
Michigan4

https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/...eaturing-caitlin-clark-and-the-iowa-hawkeyes/

If you are a Caitlin Clark fan, I guess you will have to pony up since she will be on there 8 times.

Peacock is great for coverage of the English Premier League.
I find it underwhelming. Unlike Paramount+ with the Champions League, or ESPN+ with the Spanish League, Peacock does not make every game available. Not on Peacock, not on Peacock plus NBC channels.

Maybe it's a contract thing. But, in the age of streaming, give me the option to pick the game I want and not settle for what you want to show.

I find it underwhelming. Unlike Paramount+ with the Champions League, or ESPN+ with the Spanish League, Peacock does not make every game available. Not on Peacock, not on Peacock plus NBC channels.

Maybe it's a contract thing. But, in the age of streaming, give me the option to pick the game I want and not settle for what you want to show.
My experience with Paramount+ last year was that they often didn't have the replay of a game until the next day, by which time I would find the result out and kill the reason for watching. Haven't renewed my subscription this year yet, have the improved this? If so I will renew for the knock-out stage.

Last edited:
Reactions: GatoLouco
My experience with Paramount+ last year was that they often didn't have the relay of a game until the next day, by which time I would find the result out and kill the reason for watching. Haven't renewed my subscription this year yet, have the improved this? If so I will renew for the knock-out stage.
I did not mean to imply I think Peacock sucks. It's better PL coverage than what we had before. Just that it falls short of what streaming can be in this day and age.

I believe Paramount+ has all the European club games live now. Champions, Europa and Conference leagues.

I would not subscribe it just for that as I have an IPTV thing that works well and can pretty much see close to 100% of what's available.

But Paramount+ is, IMO, when bundled with Showtime, a very good value in the environment of streaming services that raise prices like they are changing underwear.

Reactions: NJCat
I did not mean to imply I think Peacock sucks. It's better PL coverage than what we had before. Just that it falls short of what streaming can be in this day and age.

I believe Paramount+ has all the European club games live now. Champions, Europa and Conference leagues.

I would not subscribe it just for that as I have an IPTV thing that works well and can pretty much see close to 100% of what's available.

But Paramount+ is, IMO, when bundled with Showtime, a very good value in the environment of streaming services that raise prices like they are changing underwear.
Between NBC, USA, and Peacock, every EPL game is aired, right? I thought Peacock got everything, but maybe some are limited to the tv networks only?

Free Fantasy Premier League has made me a fan, I’m slightly embarrassed to admit.

Between NBC, USA, and Peacock, every EPL game is aired, right?
That's what I thought. I can't be 100% sure as things change but recently I wanted to watch a specific game and it was not airing on Peacock +other NBC networks. I think they usually have 2-3 games they don't show live, but are made available in replay.

For me the PL fills the Saturday and Sunday mornings time slot, even if it's often just something to have on.

I also follow La Liga and the Bundesliga, and ESPN+ is outstanding. They have every game and replays are available almost as soon as the tie finishes. Their commentators aren't as good as NBC/Paramount+ though. Lee Dixon and Jim Beglin are tops, Beglin for his insight into the games and Dixon for comedy.

That's what I thought. I can't be 100% sure as things change but recently I wanted to watch a specific game and it was not airing on Peacock +other NBC networks. I think they usually have 2-3 games they don't show live, but are made available in replay.

For me the PL fills the Saturday and Sunday mornings time slot, even if it's often just something to have on.
I've got the Fotmob app, which shows TV schedules, and at least for this weekend it's showing 2 on USA, 1 on NBC and the other 3 on Peacock all live tomorrow, plus 1 on USA and 3 on Peacock all live for Sunday.

Coverage by network:
NBC/USA/Telemundo/Peacock - Premier League
ESPN+ - La Liga, Bundesliga, USL Championship, USL League One, select English Championship, Eredivisie, Belgian Pro League matches
Paramount+ - Italian Serie A, Brazilian Serie A, Argentina Liga Profesional, NWSL, select Scottish Premier League matches
AppleTV - MLS
beIN Sports - Ligue 1, select Turkish Super Lig matches

This concludes the off-topic round-up of televised soccer coverage in the US.

I've got the Fotmob app, which shows TV schedules, and at least for this weekend it's showing 2 on USA, 1 on NBC and the other 3 on Peacock all live tomorrow, plus 1 on USA and 3 on Peacock all live for Sunday.

Coverage by network:
NBC/USA/Telemundo/Peacock - Premier League
ESPN+ - La Liga, Bundesliga, USL Championship, USL League One, select English Championship, Eredivisie, Belgian Pro League matches
Paramount+ - Italian Serie A, Brazilian Serie A, Argentina Liga Profesional, NWSL, select Scottish Premier League matches
AppleTV - MLS
beIN Sports - Ligue 1, select Turkish Super Lig matches

This concludes the off-topic round-up of televised soccer coverage in the US.
No, it doesn't! We can go on forever. So many leagues! We can go more obscure!

GolTV has the leagues of Portugal, Uruguai, Paraguai, Chile and Ecuador.

What about cups? Who has the rights for those? We can go on forever.

Joking aside, you made a good list. Considering the UEFA rankings, from the top 10 euro leagues, it's only missing Portugal. It is also missing the champions (plus Europa, Conference) league on Paramount+.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT