ADVERTISEMENT

NU has construction camera operating for Lakefront Facility

What happened to the pictures?

Good question. I have seen pictures disappearing from other threads as well. Is Rivals on some kind of band width reduction program? Maybe they have a bot that goes through and sweeps randomly?

Good question. I have seen pictures disappearing from other threads as well. Is Rivals on some kind of band width reduction program?

So strange. I posted them from my twitter. I can't get Rivals to allow me to link my instagram.

They placed what I think will be the last two arches today. Looks awesome.
I think they will add another section of decking and a flat roof at the very end. If I understand the pictures right the arch structure will be fully enclosed which will make the interior of the building very dramatic.
There is nothing like this anywhere else

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
They placed what I think will be the last two arches today. Looks awesome.
I think they will add another section of decking and a flat roof at the very end. If I understand the pictures right the arch structure will be fully enclosed which will make the interior of the building very dramatic.
There is nothing like this anywhere else

I tried counting arches on the renderings and I think there may be one more arch section. The building actually extends over the wall along the lake in the renderings. They move quickly so we will see in the next few days.

I tried counting arches on the renderings and I think there may be one more arch section. The building actually extends over the wall along the lake in the renderings. They move quickly so we will see in the next few days.

It has been amazing so far and the weather has not been great lately.

I count 12 up so far. What was your final count?

I count 12 up so far. What was your final count?

I got 12 also. They are done with arches, but there is one last 5 yard wide section of floor to be laid to support the flat roof at the end of the building. Seems like they created the places for the cranes to move today.

I got 12 also. They are done with arches, but there is one last 5 yard wide section of floor to be laid to support the flat roof at the end of the building. Seems like they created the places for the cranes to move today.
Yeah I see what you are saying about the crane placement. I agree five or 10 more yards of deck then a wall partly of glass with a flat roof over it. It's been fun to watch but I always miss the major moves.

One of the cranes has been repositioned today. I suppose the other will also. Getting ready to build he structure to support the final section of deck. Looks like all the steel for the next section is laying out to the left in the foreground.

Something held up the show today. Multiple times I checked in the AM and there were a dozen guys just sort of standing around in the fore ground as if they were waiting for something or just enjoying the sun. I have never seen that before.

There was some action up on the deck but no machines and the bus left at lunch.

Nothing looks different from yesterday though it would be hard to tell far away but the cranes and equipment never moved.

Something held up the show today. Multiple times I checked in the AM and there were a dozen guys just sort of standing around in the fore ground as if they were waiting for something or just enjoying the sun. I have never seen that before.

Nothing looks different from yesterday though it would be hard to tell far away but the cranes and equipment never moved.

They are Union guys, probably on strike.

Maybe held up by a needed permit? If it is like most construction projects someone has to sign off at various stages.

Both cranes are dancing today and the bus is back so what ever looked like a slow down,looks like it is over.

Both cranes are dancing today and the bus is back so what ever looked like a slow down,looks like it is over.

IMG_7527_zpsn7me68lb.jpg

Reactions: NUCat320
Hey Deering, the first steel has been erected for the Walter Athletics Center.......
Thanks, I saw you note and tuned in just intake to see them place the second one. The other crane is setting the frame for the last section of the deck

Thanks, I saw you note and tuned in just intake to see them place the second one. The other crane is setting the frame for the last section of the deck

Things should happen quickly over the next week if the weather holds. Like putting together a huge erector set.

th

I love it!

Those are Hokkaido cranes. I actually got to see them when I was in Hokkaido the summer before last. It was a pretty big deal, just like when tourists come here and get to see a Grizzly Bear or a non cloud covered Denali. I take no credit though for the pictured ones.

Those are Hokkaido cranes. I actually got to see them when I was in Hokkaido the summer before last. It was a pretty big deal, just like when tourists come here and get to see a Grizzly Bear or a non cloud covered Denali. I take no credit though for the pictured ones.
I didn't even know Hokkaido made cranes.;)

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Should be a big day, visually today. They got started on placing posts & girders for two separate sections yesterday. Once that process starts they get going pretty fast until the cranes have to be moved.

When was the last time you were in Chicago and encountered City workers? They stand around all the time.

(Stereotype is not so true anymore)

Hey Hungry, I'm a retired City worker and standing around was not on my agenda. I mostly sat.

I wasted taxpayer's money by sitting around and playing with pond scum all day. I'm a pond scum-ologist.

Thanks. Interesting design feature evident in the upper right photo. It appears that a horizontal flat roof shelf is going to be there for snow to collect on as it cascades from the arched roof. The engineers calculations will certainly be tested in a heavy lake effect wet snow storm of snowzilla proportions. Maybe the idea is to shield any pedestrians below from being buried in an avalanche?

Thanks. Interesting design feature evident in the upper right photo. It appears that a horizontal flat roof shelf is going to be there for snow to collect on as it cascades from the arched roof. The engineers calculations will certainly be tested in a heavy lake effect wet snow storm of snowzilla proportions. Maybe the idea is to shield any pedestrians below from being buried in an avalanche?

Here are some shots from inside, courtesy of NU Athletics....

Impressive. Coach Fitz looked ready to put his guys on that field once he had identified where the 50 yard line was.

They can do amazing stuff these days with fake things.

ADVERTISEMENT